ミ:コ> Official Splatoon 2 Thread - Booyah!くコ:彡

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by simplyTravis, Jan 20, 2017.

1. simplyTravis

simplyTravis "A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"

Ready... GO! It's time for the Official Splatoon 2 Thread! Booyah!

[​IMG]
    If you are new to Splatoon then you have been missing out. Splatoon 2 is the Nintendo Switch sequel to the splash-hit game on the WiiU where you play a 4 on 4 Turf Battle to spray, roll, squirt, and splat your way to victory by covering as much of the map as possible. Included in the game was a well designed single player mode and various ranked battle matches with some very interesting twists on your average FPS.

We might have until August 18th until Splatoon 2 comes out for the Switch but that doesn't mean we can't get ourselves full of hype! This time around we will be looking at quite a few improvements and changes to the graphics and gameplay. But possibly the most sought after feature is online voice chat! The matches were already pretty crazy with the elite players here at TNE...Just imagine how much more intense the matches will get. BOOYAH!

• R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
  2. simplyTravis

Game Facts
    • Currently running at 720p 60fps
    • Up to 8 players!
    • 4 on 4 Turf Wars are back!
    • Turf Wars focus on covering the field to win, instead of mindless splatting others.
    • Swim quickly through the ink on the playing field by turning into a squid! Just don't get shot while you are swimming.
    • Multiple weapon types such as squirt guns, rollers, brushes, and many more available to suit nearly any play style.
    • Play with either Joy-Con's or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Both use gyros!
    • Incremental updates similar to the Wii U version will be included

Improvements
    • Improved graphics when docked!
    • Game ANYWHERE! Not just on your couch!
    • Smart Device Support will enhance matchmaking and allow for voice chat options.
    • Voice chat? VOICE CHAT!
    • Local and Online Multiplayer in handheld or docked modes
    • New Levels! (Barnacle Sports Club)

Changes
    • Two years have passed since the release of Splatoon in real life and in the game world so expect new trends and changes to familiar characters along with some new ones.
    • New Weapons!
    • Splat Dualies offer a new way to play a double pistol, double-reticule setup. You can even dodge with it!
    • New special attacks for old weapons!
    • New songs!
    • Press X to access the map! No more dual screen gaming.
    • New Vertical Swipe with the roller.

Rumors
    • Game Release Date is August 18th according to a Game UK listing that leaked.
    This will be updated as new news comes in! Booyah!

[​IMG]
    Did someone say...BOOYAH?!?
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fly to the treasure chest and back Staff Member Moderator

BOOYAH!!!!!
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  4. simplyTravis

BOOYAH IS CORRECT! I'm stoked for this new version of Splatoon! I think I'll actually enjoy the dualies because they remind me of Monster Hunter Dual Blades dodging just a bit. I'm also really looking forward to easier voice chat with everybody.

I've noticed the graphics seem to have been updated based on the trailer and other gameplay videos I've found that take the footage directly from the hdmi feed. If you look at the off-screen footage from that Nintendo event they look a bit like garbage though. I've read all over that they didn't calibrate those tv's at all for gameplay causing major visual issues.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  5. mattavelle1

I'm goin back in this one to the simple life of a roller:mmischief:

It's a quite life, just filled with painting, never any violence. And it looks like from the videos that all the walking I could ever need is still intact. No kraken, but that's cool.....now I'll just jet pack into your base instead of walkin:msrs:
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  6. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

I am beyond excited for this! I lived and breathed Splatoon for months. And now to be able to play without hogging the TV, and being able to play with Steve2 as well. This is what I wanted from the first Splatoon. Hype level = Infinite
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  7. mattavelle1

C'MON!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

This game is the fucking shit!
    I dont know if it has anything to do with my lack of ability to play Splatoon 1, but yes I'm very excited for this game.

I wouldnt put "Voice chat" under improvements just yet. At least we still have "Booyah".

I'm still pretty wary about a few Splatoon quirks I could do without. Looking at the trailer, you can clearly see Super Sea Snails are back, which likely means rerolling stats and junk. Very worried about scheduled stage pairings again, as well as scheduled modes in Ranked. There's enough of a base in Splatoon now that they have to understand we can split up pretty readily and choose for ourselves.

Timed rollouts sounds OK, and I'm sure they'll support it everlong like they have Splatoon, but hell I hope the initial offering isnt as bare as the first go around.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

I think some lunch break Splatoon action is in our future. I too hope the map rotation is improved, and I might actually try ranked with this one.

Did anyone notice the drastically improved lighting in this game? There were a few scenes where I was very impressed. Splatoon isn't a technical masterpiece by no means, but the improved lighting made it look head and shoulders above the original in my book.

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
    • Like Like x 3
  10. mattavelle1

I believe it won't be as barebones just for the fact we will get all the splatooner 1 levels at launch plus new ones.

Still I'm beyond stoked!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FriedShoes

Lighting was probably the only graphical improvement I noted. Not a bad thing, game is still smooth as butter and looks good.
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  12. mattavelle1

BOOYAH!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

I am hoping that the Single player and Multiplayer Match Making systems are vastly expanded on this time around; I would love to see more of the Squidlings world fleshed and given a reason to partake in it.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Redhatdrawler

Redhatdrawler Active Member

Very excited about this!
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  15. mattavelle1

C'MON
    • Like Like x 2
  16. FriedShoes

Treehouse gameplay with less artifacting.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

@mattavelle1 check out the part from 10:00 to 10:30. He explains how the vertical swing works, and shows a special that would be straight up COD-op with the ninja jump.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  18. mattavelle1

:msrs: Jueg..........I love you man!

Looks like I found me new special, and paired with Ninja JUMP many many people are gonna be pissed off.

So in Mario faces it will go like this

They kill me = :mlaugh:

I JUMP back to a squidmate and special = :mcry:
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  19. mattavelle1

Also being able to change between vertical and horizontal sling with my roller :mdrool:

They have very very effectively made me deadlier. :mgeek:
    • Like Like x 2
  20. FriedShoes

Cleaned up new music.
    Live version here @34:34

Still pretty weird to see that there are actual lyrics to splatoon songs, its just all heavily modulated.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. mattavelle1

Not a long video just showin an overview for a new map.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I want to play it. It's the only game on my wishlist for Switch so far, but I'm not buying Switch only for this though.
  23. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't wanna play with 7 Japanese guys again. I can't. They're too good.
  24. Juegos

New weapon for Splatoon 2:

Splatoon marketing.jpg

It seems worse than the larger Killer Wail, unless there's something they aren't describing properly. Maybe it lets you see enemies through walls and has a short delay rather than the long delay of the Killer Wail?
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  25. mattavelle1

Don't tell me it's shooting thru cover! Could this be the Bobs Ross anti-roller weapon?
  26. sjmartin79

I wonder since it says pressurized if you have to build up a shot?
    Maybe to keep it from being overpowered, once you start shooting you can't move or turn till you're done firing?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. FriedShoes

Its a Super Weapon, not a regular one.
    Its basically the replacement for the Killer Wail. You cant move when you start it up, but you can aim it a bit, but its slow, so thats one leg up it has on the KW. Doesnt last long, and its AOE is thinner than the Wail and because the user is planted, it leaves them open to attacks.
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  28. mattavelle1

Sweet!!!
  29. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

We already knew the game could run in ad-hoc wireless mode for local play, but it also works in local LAN mode using the dock + usb ethernet adapter.

In fact in that LAN mode, two further spectator connections can be made to the match, allowing for full spectator control:

I'll never use it myself, but that's pretty damned neat!
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  30. Juegos

Hell yeah! This means it will be easy to stream tournament footage of the game, which is great for making it more popular among pro players. It's going to be neat to be able to see some sick tourney plays like we can in Overwatch.

I'm still holding out hope that it will be possible to do voice chat in-game for solo queue ranked matches, even if it's on a patch at some point.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. FriedShoes

At the event, Spectator mode was also running for the teams playing in Portable mode, so I dont know if that means a dock is necessary
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

It's most likely that up to eight switches can connect via ad-hoc wifi, but up to ten can connect to an existing wi-fi or wired network. I think there was a little confusion surrounding how it worked because a few bits of information were released at the same time.
  33. FriedShoes

Disregard, you can move with it.
  34. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

Something to check out post-launch.
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  35. FriedShoes

Beat me to it. Its in March, very cool, I hope its a frequent thing.
    • Like Like x 3
  36. theMightyME

theMightyME Editor in Chief of TVEnthusiast

can't wait.. awesome
    • Like Like x 2
  37. mattavelle1

I'll be there
    • Like Like x 1
  38. theMightyME

bob rossing that bitch
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  39. mattavelle1

I'm beside myself just for the chance to play with the new mechanics of the roller. I'll be Bob Rossin all up in that bitch fo sho!
    • Like Like x 2
  40. theMightyME

what if they made a happy little trees special weapon... but it was only available for splatershots?
    • smh... smh... x 1
  41. Juegos

Matt acts like he must stick with whatever's familiar to him, but in reality as soon as he commits to a new thing he can pick it up quick, e.g. the hunting horn and switchaxe in Monster Hunter.

WHEN DO WE GET A NEW MONSTER HUNTER AGHHHH.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  42. mattavelle1

:mfacepalm:

That's how I would feel about it
  43. mattavelle1

I really just love the extreme depth of the roller and I'm not ready to put it down in all actuallity. I kinda feel like this testfire is almost like a "thank you for purchasing the Switch. Splatoon2 is coming wanna try it out for alittle while". And I appreciate that even if there JUST using it for research.

On a side note WE NEED MONSTER HUNTER NOW!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  44. simplyTravis

Just saw the Global Testfire date...its on a weekend too...HYPE!
    • Like Like x 3
  45. sjmartin79

The global test fire is on my anniversary weekend, and we'll be out of town.
    But Steve and I will probably take our Switch hardware with us, and we can at least do one of the rounds.
    • Like Like x 3
  46. sjmartin79

Was thinking about amiibo integration for Splatoon 2. I would love to see non-Splatoon amiibos unlock Nintendo Character costumes/gear for the inklings. Kinda like how it does for Mii characters in Mario Kart 8. Splatting as an Inkling Link or Samus? Yes, please.
    • Like Like x 1
  47. BobSilencieux

BobSilencieux Well-Known Member

I can already get an Inkling-themed yarn Yoshi in Woolly World, so yeah, I'd love a Yoshi-themed Inkling in Spla200n...
    • Like Like x 1
  48. Cubits

Cubits Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  49. sjmartin79

This weekend is mine and Steve2's 1 year wedding anniversary, but it is also Splatoon Global Testfire.
    We're going out of town for the weekend to celebrate, and Steve2 said on Sunday "Hey, we should take our Switches with us so we can do the Testfire."

Even further proof that I'm a lucky man.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  50. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

Congrats on the one year Sjmartin79, and absolutely you gotta take your Switches. I hope we are super slow at work Friday so I can play the first session.

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2