Best of the Wii U

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by theMightyME, Mar 17, 2017.

1. theMightyME

theMightyME Editor in Chief of TVEnthusiast

Now that Zelda has been out for a while it is time for us as a community to rate the best games on the wii u.

Here is how it will work....

pick, and order, your top 10 games on the system

games can include eshop only titles, but not VC games.... remakes like wwhd are okay too... also, since botw is basically the same game from system to system you can add that in, even if you played it on switch... only adjust your ranking for something like portability being a factor

rank them like this

in descending order... from 10 to 1... please keep it in this order as it makes calculating everything easier...

I will attribute points based on the position you give... with the points going in reverse order from the number... so a game in 2nd place gets 9 points, while a game in 9th place gets 2 points... the one exception is 1st place which will get 11 points, a 1 point bonus for being a top pic...

you can implement ties, but not to slip in extra games... ties will split points.... so... for example... if you place a 1st place tie between human resource machine and call of duty:no dlc edition, your next pick will not be 2nd place but 3rd... and the ties games will get the points of both titles, divided by 2... so 1st place is 11, 2nd is 9, that is 20 points, divided by 2, each game will get 10 points... as such, a similar result will happen with a 3 way tie... with all 3 ranks points added and divided by 3 (not rounded)

If you cannot come up with 10 games I will rank what you do come up with on the high end of the scale... so if you can only pick 3 games, your top pick will still get 11, second will get 9, 3rd will get 8

the deadline to post your ranking is next friday at 11:59 pst

so basically the second it turns to next saturday in my time zone, the chance to rank is over...

from the list of games I will add up the points and give overall rankings

I did something similar on the IGN boards for the wii...

I will rank them in groups going backwards until I reach the top 10, which I will present as an article, with pictures and such ... but just all on this forum

so... get to ranking...
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
  2. theMightyME

10. Pikmin 3
    09. Super Smash Bros for Wii U
    08. Mario Maker
    07. Captain Toad
    06. Super Mario 3D World
    05. Xenoblade Chronicles X
    04. Bayonetta 2
    03. Splatoon
    02. Mario Kart 8
    01. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Like Like x 2
  3. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

Love this!
    I will say it was very hard narrowing down the top 10. I could have done a Top 15 no problem.

10. Mario Kart 8
    9. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    8. The Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker HD
    7. Bayonetta 2
    6. Xenoblade Chronicles X
    5. Super Mario Maker
    4. The Wonderful 101
    3. Pikmin 3
    2. Splatoon
    1. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild
    - I played it on the Switch, but even if I had played it on Wii U, I still believe I would rank it #1

(I know the next won't count... but...)
    Honorable Mentions: The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess HD, Super Mario 3D World, SteamWorld Dig, Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze, Shovel Knight
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

I don't know if I can actually rank 10, but Pikmin 3 is #1
  5. theMightyME

rank as many as you can... even if it is just pikmin 3, thta will count towards the grand total

back on ign with the wii several people only picked like 5 or 6 games... but the total list was like 70 games when everything was counted
    • Like Like x 1
  6. theMightyME

• Like Like x 1
  7. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

10.) Rayman Legends
    9.) Mass Effect 3
    8.) Mario 3D World
    7.) Mario Kart 8
    6.) Need For Speed Most Wanted
    5.) Xenoblade Chronicles X
    4.) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    3.) Splatoon
    2.) Pikmin 3
    1.) Bayonetta 1&2

This actually wasn't easy, because I know I am leaving some games I really liked off the list, and many games rank could easily change depending on what day it is. Some games are tough for me to rank as well. Online multi player games that we spent tons of hours playing together seem like they should rank higher, but at the same time I know for a fact I wouldn't have played Splatoon or Monster Hunter 3 by myself nearly as often. Bayonetta and Pikmin were easy for me, I was totally enamored with both games. I will be honest, I didn't end up with to many duds on Wii U. I really did enjoy most of my library, and with eshop titles, I have 30+ Wii U games.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Now with X-Parasites Staff Member Moderator

My list is going to feel pretty incomplete. I still need to play TMS#FE. Need to actually dig into XCX. Never gave Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Child of Light or Star Fox or Pokken Tournament or Zombi U or Fatal Frame or Yoshi's Wooly World or Mario Maker or NSMBU/NSLU or Color Splash or NES Remix (man...you don't realize what your back log looks like until you type it out) enough consideration and/or time.

Honorable Mentions: Trine 2, Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition, COD: Ghosts.

10. Hyrule Warriors
    09. Lego City Undercover
    08. Super Mario 3D World
    07. Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
    06. The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD
    05. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
    04. Bayonetta 2 (and 1)
    03. Splatoon
    02. Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate

01. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

[Windwaker nearly overtook Twilight Princess, mainly because I hadn't spent more than an hour with WW before the HD version. It was/is really something special. But...TP feels wins out.]
    You actually got me to click on an IGN link. :eek:
  9. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

Fuck it I'm two beer down (which is a lot for me, i'm not feeling sober) so let's slap it together

10) Bayonetta 1+2
    9) Kirby & The Rainbow Curse
    8) Yoshi's Woolly World
    7) Wonderful 101
    6) Xenoblade X
    5) Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    4) Splinter Cell Blacklist
    3) Zelda BotW
    2) Shovel Knight
    1) Pikmin 3

I don't know, this is what I meant by I can't rank 10. I'm so indecisive I honestly don't know how to rank them. By the time I hit post reply my mind will be changed, and it'll change again by the time I wake up. Basically just picked the 10 games I had the most fun with and look back on the most fondly.

Want to give a shout out though to Runner 2, Child of Light and Ittle Dew. If you haven't played these games yet, do it.
  10. Aki

Aki Well-Known Member

From what I've played on Wii U

1. Wind Waker HD
    2. Super Smash Bros
    3. Mario Kart
    4. Mass Effect 3
    5. Super Mario 3D
    6. NFS Most Wanted
    7. Resident Evil Revelations
    8. Donkey Kong
    9. New Super Mario Bros