The Great CT - Community Thread

Discussion in 'Community Hang-Out' started by mattavelle1, Apr 9, 2015.

1. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fresh starts now Staff Member Moderator

So what your saying is........Nintendo should have put it TO sleep mode?
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  2. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Necessary Evil Staff Member Moderator

Switch is also a mobile device, and what is the biggest benchmark for phones and tablets? Speed. Getting in and out of applications quickly. You could have a phone with a full video editing program on it, but if it loaded its apps slowly, people would still buy iPhones or Pixels instead.

Which is kinda what makes Switch funny. They took the cartridges-plus-sleep-mode from the DS/3DS, and then just made the OS light as hell, to get out of the way. It's one part old school, one part new. And it ends up feeling like a pretty modern piece of consumer electronics.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

[​IMG]

Sleep now, only dreams.
    • LOL LOL x 4
  4. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

But the Wii U didn't die, it just evolved.

• R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  5. DarkDepths

DarkDepths Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord

Update on wildfire situation: my parents and friends are prepping to evac. The highway South is closed right at the town limits. The highway North is closed about 40 km north. The highway East is closed as well. West... West there mountains. There are no other routes out.

Small city (15,000 people) further North has just been evacuated, and they are being let through the closed roads now, because of a fear that the roads will become totally impassable. I expect all the smaller communities like my hometown will be told to GTFO soon thereafter.

The closest fire to my hometown is now about 13 km away - and for reference, overnight last night it traveled about that same distance.

So that all kinda sucks. I've moved away, but my friends and family are still there, and it's not pleasant watching their lives get upturned.
  6. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

Damn dude, your family better GTFO asap, there's no hesitation to be had.

I've had something slightly similar happen to my family once, but not in the home where I grew up, rather at my grandma's home that my dad was keeping up at the time. There had been a flood as we got there due to a problem with a nearby dam, but the water had stopped rising and things were safe according to the authorities. Besides, we were on top of a hill with our backs to the exit of the town, pretty much, so we thought we'd be safe there. Next night it started raining like crazy for many hours and we heard a government vehicle drive around with a blaring siren, so were like, fuck this, we're out. In about 10 minutes we were fully loaded into the car, but the rain completely calmed down and we were told that the situation with the dam was fixed so we weren't in danger anymore, and things just calmed down after that. But if it had been more like your families' situation, we couldn't have been relatively calm about it.
  7. simplyTravis

simplyTravis "A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"

I've been through hurricane evacuations but never a fire. Praying they get out of there safe (or that it doesn't affect them at all!)
  8. mattavelle1

I've been keeping up with the situation because I knew your people was close to there. I pray there evacuation is hasty and safe. And hoping that the firefighters are able to contain it.
  9. DarkDepths

• Like Like x 1
  10. Socar

Socar Active Member

But then....how can you ignore the hefty steam price deals?

Also, there's the problem of how smooth those games will run on Switch. Already Snake Pass can't run 60 fps on Switch I think...

And I still...cannot understand why SEGA isn't porting Atlus games on Steam...
  11. Socar

Socar Active Member

Other news, I'm deleting my facebook account. Don't ever want to bother with that crappy thing...and maybe I'm thinking of removing twitter account as well.
  12. simplyTravis

I still grab deals, just find that they sit there though. Which means they aren't really deals. I'm just wasting money.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. theMightyME

theMightyME Editor in Chief of TVEnthusiast

you don't really seem like a social media guy, so I am surprised it took you this long to decide not to use them... facebook depresses me, but I use it for TVE... Twitter I like, but I often forget it exists
    • Like Like x 1
  14. EvilTw1n

Damn, man. I wasn't aware of it; getting very little press here. I hope everyone gets out safe.
  15. Shoulder

Shoulder Shouldy McShoulderface chippin' in

Happy to. When I first got the Wii, it had already been out for a few years. I got it around 2009 or so. By that point, I had already owned a PS3, and was having loads of fun with it. The Wii on the other hand always felt secondary, and I never had as many games, especially compared to the PS3. In simple terms, the PS3 tainted my feelings towards the Wii because of how much more it could've been at that particular time. Sure, I still own a few Wii games, some of which I still want to play, but in general, I had more and better gaming experiences with the Wii U versus the Wii.

Let me be clear though: some of this has to do with the era this was happening. Back during the mid to late 2000s, I was a liberal arts college student with little incentive nor motivation for things. It's also partly why I spent a lot of time gaming back then, but I was also a naive individual (still naive in ways), did not do much of any online gaming, and overall was just content with what I was doing and had. Once the 2010s rolled around, I became an engineering student, and finally found some incentive and motivation. And once the Wii U was launched, I picked one up only a few months after that. It was a basic system, and even when compared to the PS3, it still lacked some things such as a more robust online infrastructure, watching your own videos via an external HDD, and of course not able to play optical media for movies/TV Shows. There were some ups and downs of course.

What the Wii U did do though was introduce myself into the realm of friend-based online gaming, which is something I had never really taken part of, which is all thanks to you guys here on TNE. It was because of our online sessions with COD, NFS, MoHun, MK8, and Splatoon that I found this real love of the system, despite its shortcomings. It basically boiled down to that I did not care it wasn't a major success, nor did it have as many games as the Wii, but the experiences and enjoyment I've gotten out of it has far surpassed what I ever had done with the Wii. You could argue that there are more memorable/better games on the Wii over the Wii U, and that its success translated into a better experience, but that is specific to the individual, and not something universal across everyone.

I suppose one question you could ask though is what are we really comparing here though? The systems themselves, or the games? One cannot exist without the other as we know. If you ask me on what makes a video game platform, it's this: Enjoyment, and I enjoyed my times with the Wii U far more than I did with the Wii, minus Xenoblade Chronicles. So yes, there is very much some sentimental values here rather than pure statistical evidence, but that shouldn't matter here. I already mentioned how I overall prefer the gaming library of the Wii U than the Wii, and I still stand by that because it was MY enjoyment, and not someone else's. I'm free to discuss this further if you will. :mthumb:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Shoulder

What good are hefty price deals if you have no time to play them all though? When I see some folks who have hundreds and hundreds of games on their Steam library, I shake my head because most won't ever have the time to finish them all (some do, won't deny that). Yeah, people will say it's a good deal, and all, but as @simplyTravis mentioned, if you just let it sit there and collect virtual dust, it's just wasted money that would've been better served elsewhere.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

It will be a bit of a blow to the Switch if Kingdom Hearts III does not make it to the system in some capacity, especially given how Nintendo's handhelds have harbored the series along side the PSP ever since the KHII. Granted looking at the footage I do think it would be very taxing on the Switch.

Here's hoping that the Switch gets added the lineup at some point; which is not completely out of the question.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07...ible-after-xbox-one-ps4-versions-are-released

18. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

Wtf is toy story doing in that anime shit?????
    • LOL LOL x 2
  19. Socar

Socar Active Member

What does that have anything to do with having the opportunity to get the games? Yeah true I got a lot of Steam games but I'm just too lazy to find the time to play them and yet, the games are there so I can play them anytime I want..

You don't see Nintendo do heavy discounts like Steam.
  20. Socar

Socar Active Member

Ok guys I got a question. Is it fine to charge any electric device when the air conditioner is turned on? I'm a bit paranoid about that temperature thing that's mentioned in the 3DS instruction booklet....
  21. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

22. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

Can you share a quote from the instruction you are referring to?
  23. DarkDepths

@EvilTw1n @sjmartin79

Thanks guys. 30,000 people evacuated so far, and dry lightning in the forecast for today. Insanity...
  24. theMightyME

Well you are in India, i just don't know, never was concerned, but different electrical infrastructures can have different results
  25. Shoulder

I think it has more to do with just because you can buy something, doesn't always mean you should.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

Hopefully that all gets settled soon @DarkDepths Be safe.
  27. CitizenOfVerona

Just watched the Castlevania show. I really dug it. Maybe it's cause I love the games, but I thought they did a good job with it.
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  28. theMightyME

• Like Like x 1
  29. Socar

Socar Active Member

According to the troubleshooting section of the instruction booklet.

Make sure that the system is not exposed to ambient temperature from 45 to 95 degree Fahrenheit(5-35 degree Celsius) As this may shorten the battery life of the system.
  30. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

It should not be too severe then. Batteries functionality are affected by the ambient temperature, but its not too much of a concern unless you are using it in an oven or leaving it in the arctic. At worst, it will affect your battery life by around 10 minutes or so.
  31. EvilTw1n

Egads. Keep us posted, dude.

(Also, for your hunt: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...itch-stock-today-ahead-of-splatoon-2-release/)
    I was expecting it to suck hard. So I'm pleasantly surprised.

Only downsides? Four episodes is a tease, and now I want to play III (hurry up, Switch VC).
  32. CitizenOfVerona

I played through 1 last night, so I may give 3 a go sometime the week. I'm also tempted to pick up Cure of Darkness from Amazon.

You could always get it on Wii U VC unless you're the type of person who 100% moves on from previous generations
  33. EvilTw1n

[​IMG]
    I'll still be playing my Wii U (will restart XCX, replay TLS, etc.), but I'm not gonna buy any new digital stuff to put on it at this point.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Goodtwin

Goodtwin Well-Known Member

I cant understand how someone can feel this way when they have over a 1000 hours gaming on the platform. If it was such a let down why didn't you sell it and buy a less expensive 360 or PS3? For me, I enjoyed the hell out of both my Wii and Wii U. Spent countless hours playing COD with the TNE Crew going back to Black Ops on Wii, and almost 400 hours combined with Black Ops 2 and Ghost. I absolutely adore Bayonetta 1 and 2, and probably wouldn't have ever experienced them had Nintendo not stepped in and funded them. The content is what matters the most for me as a gamer. Sure, Nintendo could have done a lot of things better rolling out the Wii U, and some hardware choices that didn't pan out. I'm not saying Wii U doesn't deserve a lot of criticism, but to me owning and playing the Wii U for a ton of hours and calling it a piece of shit is like eating your meal at restaurant, licking the plate, and then complaining to the manager that the food sucked.
  35. theMightyME

I think the wii u was a failure... But it didn't suck

It had some great games on it... And i had a great time playing them... It was kind of peak nintendo... Splatoon was a killer new IP... Pikmin 3 was great, he'll, i really enjoyed mario 3d world... And technically, breath of the Wild was a wii u game first... People like to pretend that the Switch version is the true game... But they oddly did the opposite with twilight Princess... Saying the gamecube version was the true version... In both cases, both versions were true... Then there is mario kart 8... Best kart ever, by a mile

The only things i say sucked about the wii u were the 3rd party support (still probably better than n64) and the marketing
    • Like Like x 5
  36. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

Because the quality of a system and the quality of its games are two separate (albeit related) things. The wii U is hands down the worst Nintendo system I have ever purchased, and I have no qualms about saying that; I had fun with it sure, but I am not blind at all to its flaws. If any thing, I am far more qualified than most saying that considering I actually played games on the system and experienced its shortcomings first hand rather than just ditching the system 6 months in. (Which granted, I may have been happier doing)

Is it the worst system they have ever made? I don't think so (Virtual boy still holds that position in my opinion), but it fell short of nearly every expectation I had come to expect of Nintendo or a console in general. If someone enjoyed the system, more power to them; I am not trying to bash them or their experiences, but that should not excuse the system itself from criticism.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. EvilTw1n

Not that anyone asked me, but IMO, a system is the experience of, y'know...using it. Otherwise it's a plastic paper weight. For me, the software library is inextricably linked; it isn't something you can really subtract. It's sort of like saying "this guitar sounds great!" Yeah, go ahead and tell me how good it sounds without strings. I'll wait.

Did the Wii U's end-experience live up to its best-case-scenario potential? Nah. Did the Wii's end-experience live up to its best-case-scenario potential, either? Nah. Did I have fun with both of them? Yep. That's the only variable that matters to me when I plunk down money to buy a gaming device. Sometimes you have more fun with one console than another one.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Like Like x 4
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  38. Socar

Socar Active Member

Can't say anything about the Wii U since I don't have one but for the Wii...personally, besides Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and a few other games like Super Paper Mario, The library to me was underwhelming.

The only games that I'd ever want are Radiant Dawn since I now love Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars 2, Wario Land: Shake it, Twilight Princess( though I'm quite certain its bound to be ported to Switch at some point) and finally, Metroid Prime Trilogy.

But besides maybe Battalion Wars 2, I'm certain that most of these games are possible to port over to the Switch due to the demand of these games being huge.

Perhaps I should venture into the Wii library a bit more and see for myself but as far as first party games goes..that's about it.

I'm still wondering how its possible to get these last few Wii games though considering that I sold my Wii pal version which getting games there is even harder than the NTSC version...
  39. Socar

Socar Active Member

Is there any chance for Konami to go bankrupt? Sure its a bit sadistic to say as such but in this case, the company being gone literally can save those working for them and those having no other choices.
  40. Shoulder

What were your expectations with regards to a Nintendo console of the time?
    • Like Like x 2
  41. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -Smashing!-

The Wii U has a Wii inside it, Wii U wins :mgeek:
    • Like Like x 1
  42. simplyTravis

There are some games that I felt only could be done on the Wii U due to its tablet screen controller. I honestly miss the hell out of it. I'm hoping Nintendo gives us some extra functionality via cell phones in the future to mimic it. Even a map on phone would be great for a game like Splatoon.
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

Okay, so I thought this was going to be a quick post, but it kind of exploded. So here is the short and sweet follow by a spoiled wall of text.

Short and sweet: I expected it build on the success of the Wii and 3DS, resolving any weaknesses they had while building on their strengths. Likewise I expected it to remain competitive with the competition and secure a healthy variety of games for its library.

Long and bitter:
    A: Since it is the most important aspect, the games: When I bought the Wii U I was fully expecting the kind of support

the Wii, DS, and even GCN and GBA had; high quality first and 3rd party games that pushed the envelope and did new and exciting things while building on existing principles; A "real" 3D Super Mario game, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, (Paper Mario, albeit that is a niche title by comparison), alongside 3rd party releases like CoD and the occasional exclusive built around the systems abilities (Think Zack & Wiki, Elebits, No more Heros, Wii sports, Red Steel 2, etc). Likewise after the Wii, I fully expected that the Wii U would iron out the VCON and provide a stable service with nearly every Nintendo title made available, from NES to GCN. All in all, I expected a healthy library with a variety of games.

What I got with the Wii U however, was nothing but a holding pattern for nearly the entirety of the generation. With the exception of Xenoblade Chronicles X and Breath of the Wild (Which is came too little too late), I consider the entirety of the Wii U's Library to be nothing more than "alright", "C+", barely passing. Oh you wanted a "real" (Again note the quotations) Mario game? Here have Mario cat instead, you wanted Zelda? here is a port of Windwaker to tide you over for the Switch. Oh you wanted Metroid? Well fuck you. You wanted a new Animal crossing? Here,have amiibola. You wanted a Star Fox game, happy to oblige! Just completely ignore the fundamentally terrible control scheme that makes the game completely unfun to play. (I seriously have never hated a control scheme more than the one in that game). You want a spiritual sequel to Paper Mario TTYD, one of our most beloved games? Here, have a sequel to Sticker Star, one of our most hated games, and so on and so forth.

The Wii U did get a little 3rd part support at first, but with the exception of Ubisoft's titles none of it was of any quality. Due to a number of reasons, Nintendo failed to make the system appealing enough to customers or 3rd parties to secure enough games to keep its library diverse or satiated. The games I had the most fun with were generally PORTS of Wii, GCN or 3DS titles. The entire generation did nothing to push the medium forward; only letting Nintendo play catchup. Games are indeed the deciding factor for a system, but in the case of the Wii U I felt like we got (almost) nothing but table scraps and expired rations.

(this is one of the reasons I have been so happy with the Switch so far, because in its first year alone, it already has a stronger first party lineup in my eyes than the ENTIRETY of what the Wii U put forth over its lifespan, 3rd party support still has me worried, but it is too early to write it off completely)

B:Quality hardware decisions: My expectations of a console are that it is well designed from a functional (Hardware), aesthetic (Style), and interface (Controller/OS) perspective. That is has the hardware and software in place to provide a quality experience, not just by comparison to itself but to any other “Console” on the market. That it have ANY standard features, and that it have a quality online infrastructure from which its players can play with each other without hassle or frustrating roundabouts. That all the aspects complement each other and build towards a unified identity.

Starting with the Wii U's unique selling point... I know many of you enjoy the gamepad, but trust me when I say you guys a literally the ONLY people I know who actually like the thing. The gamepad is a bulky, awkward piece of technology, that while offering some unique game-play opportunities in turn sacrificed far more via the lack of uniformity, cost of production, limited battery life, and all around poor image. For every unique idea it offered, five more were sacrificed in favor of it. Likewise (Though this has more to do with poor game design choices than hardware) the majority of games that made unique use of the gamepad often did so inplace of a far more sensible control option.

Nevermind that I found the gamepad itself to resemble a Fischer Price toy far more than a quality gaming device (A sentiment I have heard from many others as well). Off TV play is the only merit I can really attribute to the gamepad, and its one that I do think was a good idea; however the usefulness of that is limited explicitly to those who are not able to use their own television and have a house that does not interfere with the signal. Unfortunately the majority of games that are expressly designed to use the gamepad are incompatible with an off TV only mode of play, further limiting its utility. Despite putting in Around 2000 hours or so on my system, the Gamepad saw most of its use as a damned TV remote in my house.

I firmly believe that the Wii U would have been far better off if its "key" feature was instead sold separately as an add for those who wanted to play off the TV or make use of the very few games that actually benefit from the asymmetrical play it offered. Lets not forget that the Gamepad itself cost over $100 of the systems $300-350 price tag. That is not an insignificant amount; and with that being sold separately the money saved by it could have easily been spent on other more useful design aspects or simply reducing the overall price of the system to make it competitive.

Simply put, the Wii U would have been better either sticking with a traditional controller format (Ergonomically and layout) and adding new features to it (Like the Switch’s Pro controller) or sticking to the Wii remote itself and adding new features to it. (I still think that a wii remote with more buttons and functionality built into it would be the best gaming option)

Moving onto the matter of the OS. The Wii U was nightmarishely slow compared to all previous Nintendo systems I have played on and crashed frequently, a problem I never had with any prior Nintendo system save for a few select games on the Wii (*cough*The Conduit* cough*) , and unlike those, I could not "reset” the system to fix the problem, as often not even holding down the power button for a hard kill would unfreeze the system. I had to routinely unplug the Wii U to get it to work again.

On the matter of other hardware aspects I don’t actually think the system was under powered, but I do think it would have drastically benefited from a faster CPU and more RAM; certainly something that could have been offered in exchange for the $100 I mentioned before. Its not nearly as a big a concern in my opinion as the other things I have mentioned so far, as I firmly believe that 90% of the multiplatform games that missed the system could have ran on it just fine (With a bit of effort), but its certainly something that would not have hurt and would have put it in a more favorable position when compared to its competitors. Give or take, your choice. The system did however have a number of other questionable design choices thought generally relating to the focus on the game; the exception of which is most notably the lack of gamecube compatibility/controller ports/analogue triggers/audio jacks/etc. Why Nintendo abandoned GC support, both in terms of backwards compatibility and hardware choices to allow it is beyond me, especially considering the internal processing guts of the system can literally run GCN games without any need for emulation. It is a discussion we have had before though.

On the aspect of aesthetics however, I again think the system was a failure. Every Nintendo system up to this point had a very obvious style associated with it, which for better or worse let it stand out in that regard; the Wii U by comparison, was just a bland box with rounded edges. It had no presence, no identity, and seemingly no purpose. Although I am sure it was intentional given the systems form factor, I really don’t think it was a wise choice to try and make the system itself as nondescript as possible. (Again, due to misplaced focus on the gamepad IMO)

However even the OS itself was bland by comparison; The Wii had tons of charm and detail put into it. Every “Channel” had its own theme, every game its own thumbnail animation, every app its own easter eggs (For example, did you know that in the news channel, you could grab the loading screen “cat” in the wii news channel to get unique dialogue or information? Just about no one ever noticed that, but the detail was there) and even the save blocks in the data management had their own animations and icons unique to each game. Even in the case of the 3DS, which was pretty barren by comparison, you could still customize the menu with themes, music, and size alterations.

The Wii U again by comparison fell extremely short.

C: Marketing: I am of the mindset that everything about your product IS part of its marketing, and not just the advertisements you push for it. If a product is truly worthwhile it will sell regardless of advertisement (Although good advertisements will make it sell far better, or make a poor product sell decently) For the reasons I already mentioned above however, I would hope it is somewhat clear that the Wii U already failed 50% of marketing. So how about advertisments? Thankfully we have already examined and compared these advertisements in many comments before; suffice to say the Wii U’s advertisements fell short of its competition, of its predecessors, and its successor. Early on its advertisements were nearly non existent, while later on its life they were either underwhelming, confusing, aimed at the wrong audience, or all of the above. Beating on the advertisements any more at the point is beating a dead horse, so I won't waste your time with it; but the point is that The Wii U never penetrated the market space enough to secure any kind of lasting or quality support outside of Nintendo's own title (Of which i was disappointed by)

Closing thoughts:

All in all; back when the Wii U was released I had hoped that Nintendo had taken what they had learned from the Wii and built upon it. That they would fix the shortcomings of its predecessor and build on what it did well; that it would push the medium forward and subsequently be supported by both Nintendo and other developers, creating new and superior games compared to their previous versions. Ultimately that it would be better than the generation before it, and In these regards however, I considering the Wii U a near universal failure. Perhaps if it the system existed in a vacume I would think more favorably of it; however, it simply does not. The Wii U exists in a world where the Wii came before it and the PS4, XB1 came out along side it; and I (and most consumers) will inevitably compare it to them.
  44. mattavelle1

I really liked the WiiU.
    • Like Like x 2
  45. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

Also ive been meaning to ask; what were your thoughts on Star Fox Zero? I never got the chance before since you are so rarely on the forums.
  46. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -Smashing!-

I love it, haven't played it that much but have played like every stage. I like the controls, variation in gameplay and stuff etc. I guess its a bit pricey for what it is but meh lol.
    • Like Like x 1
  47. CitizenOfVerona

I want some opinions from ya'll.

In my second year of college I had a roommate who was a stranger at the time. She was still in grade 12 at the time, some falling out from home or something. Anyways, for the most part it was okay but both of us knew how to get under each other's skin. She would have parties at the apartment after I asked her to keep it to a few people. One night the cops came which scared me since they were all underaged. Admittedly, I was rotted a lot of the time. She called me a bastard to her friend on the phone one day loud enough for me to hear, then we got into it again. I moved out when my friend offered me a place and I left after I found a replacement roommate for her.

Still, I can't help but feel bad to this day. In my mind, the fact she was in high school and had trouble with her mom, I feel like I should have been easier on her. We had a few arguments but still, I can't help but feel bad about the whole thing.

Anyways, after all these years, I ran into her again. She works at a restaurant I go to often to service their debit terminals. I didn't say anything cause I have a feeling if she remembers me, she hates me. She didn't make any sign of recognition regardless. I might be going there on Friday with some friends, so IF she's working and IF she serves our table, I was thinking of leaving a bigger than normal tip like 50-100 dollars, maybe with a note saying "sorry for all the trouble - your first roommate" or something.

I'm a nervous person and can be awkward as fuck sometimes (read: all the time) so approaching her while she's working is something I'd rather not do. All I want is for her to know I feel like crap about the whole thing and I want her to know I don't hate her.

I know I'm overthinking this. If she does remember me, she probably moved on. I just want to apologize without coming across as a weirdo.
    • Like Like x 6
  48. mattavelle1

I personally wouldn't see that has being a problem or weird.
    • Like Like x 5
  49. Shoulder

Ditto. If nothing else, it means you've moved on from your troubles with her, and you hope she feels the same. It was in the past, and it should stay in the past.

When I moved out of my first apartment, I left on bad terms with my roomies, which was doubly bad because we were practically best friends for many years, and then this living situation happens, and it turns it all upside down. It's been two years since then, and we've all come to terms with it, admitted mistakes, and have simply moved on. I plan to get together to hang out with them in the near future when they move back to my neck of the woods.
    • Like Like x 2
  50. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

I'd just be careful about it sounding or looking like pity
    • Like Like x 1