The Great CT - Community Thread

Discussion in 'Community Hang-Out' started by mattavelle1, Apr 9, 2015.

1. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 ARMS is a classy game for classy people Staff Member Moderator

No it is bad you need to see that movie, it’s great and hilarious.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MANGANian

MANGANian Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie

[​IMG]
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 7
  3. Shoulder

Shoulder Beardy McShoulder chippin' In...

WHAT DA FUCK?! :mshock::mshock::mshock:
    • Like Like x 3
  4. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

Also Bayo 1+2
    This totally makes up for Capcom snubbing us with DMC. Hell, this might be why they snubbed Switch. Fuck 'em, this is amazing. Cant fucking wait.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. FriedShoes

Also FUCK KOJIMA
    I hate this meme he formed into. That Death Stranding shit was peak Kojima and I cant give less of a shit.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

When Motohiro Okubo asked "does your soul still burn?", I kinda squirted a bit. Looking forward to Soul Calibur 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  7. GaemzDood

GaemzDood Well-Known Member

OKAY FINE. I'LL BUY A SWITCH.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. GaemzDood

All I want is the ability to be able to switch styles during gameplay like DMC4 and a solid 60 FPS.

• R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  9. Shoulder

Bayo 1 on Wii U was a near 60fps, so that's a given on the Switch. Bayo 2 was between 30-60FPS, so it's more likely to be close to a locked 60fps on Switch.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. theMightyME

theMightyME Editor in Chief of TVEnthusiast

ok so game awards news

- bayo 1+2 coming in february, would be itnerested in what our tech heads think of the footage, to me it looked sharper and possibly with more AA... the framerate looked suepr solid.. I am guessing 60 fps docked... maybe 60 period... with undocked at 720p and docked at 1080 or 900p, and maybe some sort of anti-aliasing not present on the wii u builds.

- bayo 3 announced as in development.. YES!, no date, and just the briefest of teases with no backgrounds even

- zelda dlc pack 2 available NOW (i'll get to it after xbc2)

- zelda won game of the year

nothing else that I know about

also guys remember that there is a strogn rumor about namco bandai showing games on december 15th for switch... with the big games all being ports... a port of the dark souls hd collection, a port of the xenosaga hd colelction, and a multiplat or port of soul calibur 6, whichw as announced for everything but switch at the show (but wouldn't be the first time the switch was left out of a reveal, only to have a second announcement soon after
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Karkashan

Karkashan Well-Known Member

Dangit, Nintendo, I'm in the middle of Xeno 2, I ain't got time to get back on the Zelda train just yet.

*sigh* yeah, I'll get the Bayo 1 and 2 ports for Switch, even though I still have the Wii U versions. Also Bayo 3 hype.

That From Software trailer was just barely more informative than their usual patch notes. As in, not at all.

praisegrima
    • Like Like x 3
  12. MANGANian

I swear to you I'll buy a Switch ASAP if this happens. My love for these games transcends humanity.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. theMightyME

I wont... already beat them both on wii u, I am tempted, but I wont double dip at full price
  14. FriedShoes

but what if they came in a very very cool Steelbook????
    [​IMG]
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
  15. theMightyME

So.... I did something insane, I completely disassembled my Ibanez 7 string guitar

The plan is to rebuild it custom...

My thoughts now

A single pickup, probably an active pickup like an emg 707, no volume or tone dials, no pickup switch

Going to replace the volume knob with a kill switch button, fill in the other knob and switcher slots... Turn the neck pickup slot into a tool compartment for extra picks and an alan wrench.... Or just fill it in...

Before all of that though I am going to sand off the current paint, and repaint it... Considering what to do there still... Like maybe go for a dark rust orange color with black hardware

Probably going to fix the bridge, I have a low profile floyd rose now... I'll either keep it and fix it in place, or replace it.

Did the neck and head, I am considering replacing it with a 27" Baratone neck, but that could require some math lol

Definitely going to put some vinyl decals over the inlays though... My mom has a cricut, so I can program some precise cuts.

[​IMG]

I might have some extra parts, knobs, volume dials, 7 string pickups, etc
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 6
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  16. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

Hey I also have an Ibanez 7-string guitar. Except I rarely play it.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. theMightyME

was pricing things out...

the cosmetic stuff should cost around $60 (sandpaper of various gits, spray primer, spray paint, and spray lacquer, as well as wood putty and a putty knife and adhesive vinyl (for the inlays)

well it'll be a little more, I need a paint mask, some painting tape, etc..

while the electric is about $135

amd the electric stuff will be easier than i thought... the emg 707 ($110) has a solder-less system, kind of like the internals of a PC... with the emg comes everything I need to wire it up without solder... so it comes with 2 knobs, a jack, a battery connector (emgs are active so they need a battery)... everything you need to wire it up... then I can get a kill switch for $25 that just clicks into the wiring system that comes with the emg 707

that means the only wire I have to worry about is the ground, unless that is handled too

after looking up paints I am thinking of maybe just murdering out (all black) the whole guitar... maybe I can stain the fingerboard even... and then like a coper/rust metalic vinyl for the fret inlays, I might even recreate the logo on the headstock with the same color

then I'll have a 1 of a kind guitar, it should be fun

If I both the whole thing, I still have an esp 7 string... if the hardware install goes well I might do the esp up with a single 707 pick-up and such as well

then my next guitar (if I ever get one) will be one of these

http://line6.com/variax-modeling-guitars/shuriken/
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

Am I the only one not surprised by the Bayonetta 3 (and 1 and 2 port) announcement? They teased this so hard earlier in the year.

Anywho! I'm not dead! So for my absence as of late.

What's up everyone? Finals are over and I have also managed to pry myself from Skyrim for a few minutes to drop by.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
  19. theMightyME

Not surprised that it is happening, surprised that it was announced at the game awards, surprised 1 and 2 are getting a collectors edition package, but bit that the game exists, though I am not surprised by that, though, I am overjoyed.

I am also surprised that BotW dlc pack 2 came out on the day... Even though I considered the idea, and never ruled it out
    • Like Like x 4
  20. GaemzDood

If the rumors are true and Xenosaga HD for Switch is a thing, it better as fuck be uncensored.

21. GaemzDood

Actually, Witch Time could drop the frame rate well below 60 FPS, even below 30.

22. GaemzDood

Also, >no DMC HD. Capcom really has no idea what they're doing.

I guess I can understand if they don't want to compete with Bayonetta.

23. repomech

repomech resident remnant robot relic

This is sadly unsurprising. Whether it was a policy from Spike Lee himself or a result of the work culture he attracted, cultivated and tolerated - it is in line with views he has expressed in the past that I would describe as straightforwardly racist or strongly indicative of a racist outlook.
  24. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Necessary Evil Staff Member Moderator

Good luck, dude. Definitely show off the finished product when you're done. I put together a Strat in high school, but that was just from spare parts; I didn't do any refinishing or the like. I think it's kind of interesting to go no-volume knob. It makes sense for a stage guitar. The only thing I ever used volume for was to clean up my sound for rhythm playing, but if you're using a booster pedal, you really can do without.
  25. theMightyME

I only ever used volume as a mute, but there are so many other ways to do that with floor pedals and such

but a killswitch could be fun to play with, especially on a button

what I wish I could do is drop pezzio in the neck slot, or even behind the bridge pickup, and then do some sort of line-6 style modeling, but that is way beyond me... I am photoshopping out my design right now

here is the photoshop I am working with

[​IMG]
    so a kind of semi- matte black, orange DR strings, an orange killswitch button, an emg 707, orange metalic strap hooks, and then some sort of crazy inlay... because I am doing vinyl and not replacing the existing inlays, the inlays have to obscure the existing dots, so I have spent a ton of time trying to figure out..

but what I came up with would need white vinyl for the tree, black vinyl for the word "root" on the 12th, and 2 shades of red vinyl for the moon behind the tree

but the tree thing might be tough as the vinyl cuts would be very very thin, which makes it hard

the one complete fantasy element that I don't think I can do are the pegs, I have long had the idea of super short pegs that are basically just a socket for an alan wrench

I also didn't change the ibanez logo, i'll probably make the ibanez wording a metalic mirrored crimson, and then maybe make up my own model name and have that on the headstock on the truss rod cover

lastly I might attatch a pick holder and alan wrench snap to the back of the headstock for easy access
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  26. Socar

Socar Active Member

My overall impressions on Cuphead.

I found the experience in Cuphead overall boring and often repetitive. While the bosses are cleverly designed, they aren't that much different to one another as they all pretty much do the same thing which is to send tons of bullets around you or simply just charge at you and don't do so much of uniqueness. The only bosses that are unique are Cala Maria, Dr. Kahl's Robot and King Dice because they do something different unlike the majority of the bosses.

Speaking of which, why is this more of a boss rush game instead of having more levels? Lots of run and gun games have levels first and then bosses like Earthworm Jim, Contra, Gunstar Heroes and many others and all this game does is just face bosses for like 95% of the time. Levels help broaden the worlds and add variety in them. Just getting straight to the bosses isn't balancing the game's pace properly because not only do some of these bosses have random attacks but they also don't warn the player enough to avoid this and that of their attacks and the only ones who do that are the first few bosses in world 1 and that's that. This is one of the reasons why the game feels very repetitive because you are just often shooting straight at the bosses and then dodging them, rinse and repeat.

It also doesn't help that most powerups aren't helpful at all and even then, are somehow weaker than what basic weapon you are stuck with once. There's no way to upgrade your powerups meaning that you are forced to do tricks to make full use of them. For example, jumping up and shooting the spread is more useful than just shooting the spread up when shooting a boss from the top or constantly swapping between powerups to deal more damage towards bosses.

On top of all this, there are lack of collectables to get even in the run and gun levels. The only ones you get are coins which are needed to buy weapons but that's about it. Something like concept art or different costumes could have sufficed to add more replay value to the game.

As for the art itself...I will admit and say now that it is very well done. Not only is the entire game hand drawn but it manages to replicate the original look and feel of animation that is done in the early 1930's such as the constant screen tearing that existed back then during filming and the colour of the pictures originally being washed up instead of today's shows having brighter colors. Every single character(except Cuphead and Mugman) is completely whimsical and have their certain charm to them.

That being said, there are some minor issues with them. Cutscenes are not animated and the main characters are just straight rip offs of Mickey Mouse with the only difference being their heads designed like cups even Felix has original character design( If you ask me, Felix>>>>>>>Mickey Mouse!). Now I can understand that they had issues during development so I can get why they couldn't have cutscenes animated but the lack of originality of the main heroes? Even the bosses have more originality compared to the heroes.

The music also has some issues. Most of them sound similar to one another. World 2's theme plays similarly than world 1's theme only with slight differences and the same goes for the bosses as well.

However, the overall quality like the art is well done. My personal favourite song is Mr. King Dice. Lots of jazzy moments and again manages to emulate the sound of the original animation in the early 90's.

And finally for the difficulty......honestly, its not hard. Granted, some bosses are very infuriating but for the most part, you are not severely punished facing them. Since bosses have progress bars instead of the health bar, it may seem like you are not getting anywhere at first but it is doable with the right equipment in hand. The game encourages you to try out various weapon types so you can always experiment.

And besides, you can always choose the simple mode if all else fails but you can't do this for the last two bosses for some reason.

However....if you decide to 100% the game(which I didn't bother btw), you be prepared for the most frustrating experience ever in your life. Getting a perfect S in regular and hard mode is downright ludicrous and the same goes for being a pacifist in the run and gun levels. If at all you do this, I seriously hope you are doing it just for bragging rights because otherwise, the rewards that you get are very underwhelming with only two visual modes and that's about it.

In the end, its alright but could have been better. Hopefully the sequel fixes the issues that I have with the first one as do most others especially the difficulty and adding more variety such as more levels.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  27. FriedShoes

28. Shoulder

:msleepy:

This season of Packers football is stressful. But, a win's a win, the Browns are still winless, and as always, the Bears still suck.
  29. FriedShoes

"They're buying Ultra Street Fighter 2 in droves, how do we respond to this support???"
    "MORE STREETFIGHTER!"
    "Brilliant!"

at least this means if there are enough morons around to buy Resident Evil Revelations, then we'll get Resident Evil..... 2: Remake.
    • smh... smh... x 1
  30. mattavelle1

:mfacepalm:
  31. Juegos

30th Anniversary Collection is legit, what is this hate. It's got Hyper Fighting, Turbo, Alpha 3, and Third Strike all online in the same package. That's insane. It definitely won't hit the nostalgia factor that most SF fans want, but it's a great package. It's probably going to be $60 though, which is going to suck.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  32. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

$40

https://www.destructoid.com/street-...-the-best-street-fighter-alpha-3-477259.phtml
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  33. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Necessary Evil Staff Member Moderator

This season of Eagles football has been amazing.

Until now.
    I'd use a kill switch like the pickup switch you see on an LP, or even better, the stubby little one from a Fender Duo-Sonic. I think you can do more on/off, shudder-y sort of sounds that way. Bonus: if you do install a piezo bridge system, the third part of a three-way switch's travel would be right there for you.
    Well shit. I might have to actually buy a SF game after all of these years.

Which sucks, because I'll have to buy another controller. Not because I need a D-pad. But because I need an extra controller for when I throw one against the wall.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. theMightyME

I might actually get this, same price as the test street fighter, but actually worth it.

I never bought into the test bs though, it was always a cruel scam for overpriced garbage... The $40 HD street fighter test was released around 7 or more years ago on both ps3 and x360 for $20

Anybody who bought that for any reason other than sadist they wanted that actual game was basically made a fool of.

The anger about this answer to the test is that an overpriced port test had given us a collection of old games that everybody else got with no test.

That's understandable
  35. theMightyME

Not going to install it, only wanted to fit the modeling, but that is too tricky for me... I'll just eventually have to get a line 6 variax

The coolest killswitch I have seen is an arcade button, but I am happy with any button, it is the quickness of it, so long as it is springy and responsive
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 3:18 AM
  36. Karkashan

Karkashan Well-Known Member

I bought it for them HQ art scans of the original art that were in higher quality than was released in the artbook.

Also Violent Ken sounded hilarious (and he was).

32 bucks well spent.

praisegrima
  37. Juegos

I've been playing with Violent Ken lately and he is hilarious. So many shenanigans. Scrubs run away but high level players just expose me anyway.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. theMightyME

I was reading an article about dead bodies from north Korea washing up on Japanese shores, when the article cited a university professor...

It looks like we got 2 nintendo hybrids, as this professors name is Satoru Miyamoto... Can't wait to hear from his colleague Eiji Sakamoto
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 10:40 AM
  39. mattavelle1

This week marked the beginning of the playoffs for my fantasy football league.

I bet the best team out there to move onto the next round. 2 more wins and I’ll be bringing home a trophy! LET GO HOTSEAT!!!!
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  40. Shoulder

They did win though, so that counts. I thought they were going to lose this one, because I know the Rams have been pretty decent this year.

I hope you have Davante Adams on your Fantasy, because he was fucking lit those last two touchdowns for the Packers. It was still an ugly win since it was the winless Browns, but it keeps their hopes alive, plus the possibility of Rodgers returning next game with the Panthers. That will be the deciding game I think if the Pack can make it to the Playoffs or not. If they beat the Panthers, I think they have a decent shot. They still must win against the Vikings, and the Lions, respectively next, but if Rodgers comes back, I have more faith. I don't think the Packers are Super Bowl caliber this season, but a Playoff berth would be awesome considering the myriad of emotions this season.

But fuck, their Defense is just as bad this year as it has been all year. Why doesn't Capers understand this?
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  41. mattavelle1

You know Adams is my boy :msrs:! Dude had a great week for me
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  42. MANGANian

You know, after getting past the slight colour palette change and seeing people take a go at it on Twitch, it looks like tons of fun!
  43. theMightyME

fellow guitar players...

do any of you know of tuning pegs like this

[​IMG]

???

that is just a mock-up I made to get the idea across... but why can't I find any guitars without big ass tuning pegs.... they are a pain and they get in eachothers way... I use a locked system, so I have to use a peg spinner to effectively use the pegs, but it doesn't work well.... how easy would it be if I culd just sink an alan wrench in there, fairly deep, and just crank it... since I have a locking system i save the whole string (or most of it) and have a massive clump of string at the pegs, so if a string breaks, I can give it slack and fix it... but this makes stringing the guitar a pain in the ass...

not only could this solution making stringing easier for my needs, but it could give the guitar head a nicer lower profile look

the only thing close to this I have seen is guitars with no heads.. like this

[​IMG]
    but I just don't like the looks and feel of that, to me it is like a claymore without a hilt, it just bothers me (even though katanas can look sezy hiltless)

so has anybody seen the kind of pegs I am looking for?

or know of a semi cheap way i could have some machined or altered for what i want?

I have looked and come up with nothing, but that seems strange to me, that with the amount of custom parts and such out there that nobody has reinvented the pegs
  44. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

45. MANGANian

Guitar noob here. I've never seen those things before. Then again, I have the ole' acoustic guitar. One of my friends has an electric, but I doubt he's ever tried to customize it other than using permanent markers, and his pegs are just about what you tend to see on any guitar from 2009.
  46. theMightyME

• R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  47. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -Smashing!-

All these games coming out make me wish there were more hours in the day :mcry: Brb moving to Jupiter for longer days :mcool:
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  48. FriedShoes

So to all the football fans out here, how would you feel if the sport went into a more flag football way of playing the game. Basically minimizing or removing the amount of contact and crashing that happens in the game.

Becasue I saw the video of a player taking a hit and start seemingly seizing up on the fucking floor. He was then taken out of the game BUT PUT RIGHT BACK IN SHORTLY AFTER!
    If I hadnt just seen the baseball World Series be gifted to Houston a few months ago, this would've easily been the grossest thing Ive seen in sports. The NFL clearly doesnt give a fuck and its horrifying and really damaging these players. I honestly believe not a whole lot will be lost by removing some of the head crashing shit that goes on.
  49. mattavelle1

I think it would be crap. What I would like to see instead is an upgrade in equipment more like when you take a violent hit the equipment itself absorbs the blow other than your personal body.

You take the contact outta football and you no longer have football you have something else. And your right the NFL right now is in a catch 22. On one hand they haven’t cared about there players for a long time and they have created a sport that “hey if you can’t take a hit well you just must be a pussy”. Then on the other hand there getting wreaked by the on the field injuries and getting pressure to make the game safer for all who play it and also to keep these lawsuits from happening.

But before I made the game 2 hand touch or flag, I would really look more into hit absorbing equipment.
  50. Juegos

I was going to say they definitely must already have advanced equipment, but then I figured they're probably cheaping out and buying mediocre equipment anyway. I'm sure with a bit more media pressure they'll end up updating equipment regulations. Even if it only helps a little, it's better than nothing.