The Great CT - Community Thread

Discussion in 'Community Hang-Out' started by mattavelle1, Apr 9, 2015.

1. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 ARMS is like breathing.......but more important Staff Member Moderator

There was this time when e3 was so dull and boring that the gamers quit fighting for those few days and we’re puzzeled at why the whole thing was a 5/10.

The stuff of legends
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  2. Karkashan

Karkashan Well-Known Member

You could get permabanned from the gonintendo forums just for mentioning it, it was so divisive.
  3. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

The game is fucking shit, we beat it into the ground already, and Nintendo acknowledges that us haters were right. Suck it.
  4. Karkashan

Karkashan Well-Known Member

Only if you don't mind if I use teeth.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

Sadly not everyone can have high class taste.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 ARMS is like breathing.......but more important Staff Member Moderator

You and @Karkashan are brutal!

I liked Mo:M
  7. theMightyME

theMightyME Owner of The Total Screen

I love my MOM what kind of bastard doesn't love their MOM?
  8. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

I mean to be fair, TNE has always been much more tame in regards to the Other M and Skyward Sword controversies. We certainly had our desputes on the matter, but compared to the likes of say IGN or NeoGAF. Well... IGN or NeoGAF speak for themselves...
  9. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

I think its just because nobody invited the real champions over.
    Like rickthestick. what a hero.
  10. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

He's been here.
    @RicktheStick2

Edit: You know those long Other M debates were no joke. I got my three hours of daily writing practice in that legendary thread back on IGN. That's where I learned to never back down, no matter how wrong I was.

Because Other M haters were even more wrong. The combat in that game would still eclipse 90% of the stuff shown this E3.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
  11. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

[​IMG]

best let sleeping dogs lie...

This is harder than I thought.
    • LOL LOL x 1
  12. BobSilencieux

BobSilencieux Well-Known Member

Bloody Other M, holy shit. Nobody on either side has changed their mind about it, I'm sure, it's just been so long that we've moved on. At least, I hope we have; it was 2 friggin' console generations ago!
  13. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

It's still only one Metroid game ago. :msilly:
    • smh... smh... x 1
  14. CitizenOfVerona

Two gens ago? I thought Switch was just two Wii's duct taped together?
    Fuck that statement
    • LOL LOL x 2
  15. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

A note on last nights Tuesday Night TNE. I think we might have another winner with Fortnite, alongside Splatoon and Rocket League. (At least once everyone figures out the friend list weirdness of having or not having an epic games account). Would anyone be down for making an official Fortnite thread for match making and updates?
  16. theMightyME

17. simplyTravis

simplyTravis "A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"

My wife are taking time this week to watch all the Marvel Comic movies in the Infinity Wars series. We just finished Avengers : Age of Ultron tonight. Next up is Ant Man. Really digging them. I wish I could afford to pick all these up in 4k blu ray, however. Streaming everything because it's cheaper right now. That being said, things look great on my 65 inch curved Samsung tv. Whatever magic they put in here does a decent job of working with the 1080p signal. The other thing I'm enjoying is that nobody lives next to me so I have it so loud the walls are shaking!
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  18. theMightyME

Up late lingering before sleep, watching the episods of south park about 12 step programs the episode is critical about the whole "you are powerless" part of addiction programs....

Cut to commercial

"are you addicted to alcohol or opiates, you can't break the addiction alone, you must admit you are powerless, call the addiction blablabla..."
  19. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -Smashing!-

So Nintendo's E3 as a whole was kinda schleep but I don't care because I'm busy and have loads of games to play anyway and SMASH LOOKS AMAZING and its all I really needed. Next year we'll get Prime 4 and stuff etc. Excite.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  20. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

The Smash reveal was great, however it looks like we don't have much to look forward to between now and December besides a handful of ports and a small selection of third party titles. I am definitely interested in Starlink; props to Ubisoft for pulling in Starfox.
  21. mattavelle1

I’m also probably gonna pick it up. I do enjoy that old school star fox vibe it has
  22. simplyTravis

simplyTravis "A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"

I'm on the fence about Starlink. I'll probably wait until y'all play it for a bit.
  23. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Even my henchmen think I'm crazy. Staff Member Moderator

I think my assessment of Fortnite is...meh?

Knockout-mode isn't new for a shooter, and neither is having a giant map. But putting both of those in a survival-resource-gathering game, with an ever-shrinking play area, is. And that's honestly a great concept. Makes for some pretty tense moments. But it also makes for so very much camping. It's basically "make a Worm room," the game. I think that's why people might kinda like Battle Royale. Other shooters try to hide their bullshit. "Oh no, this is really a super skillful game." Fortnite is pretty open about its bullshit. Sometimes someone just gets to the shield power-up before you, and that's that. Pretty meh on the gunplay, overall.

I was reading @ASuch on Discord about ninjas with great skills taking out...6 or 7 players. Again, the pace makes for some great tension, but it's so damn slow. Most of the match for me is a walking simulator. Then someone shoots you from the top of a barn. And then the end-game is a tower building contest.

But...I do really like the game's aesthetic. Having the big plateau area, running around chopping wood, eating mushrooms, having to fend for yourself...it's kinda got a little BotW feel sprinkled in there. The art style is fantastic. The overall mood does get its hooks into you, because you're always on the lookout for danger. And you can do some goofy shit. It's a multiplayer murder sandbox. An easy game to chill with.

I can see playing this with the crew, but it's basically taking the place of COD. I'm not playing it for the quality (Splatoon 2 and DOOM kick its ass as better shooters), but for the company.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. theMightyME

Visiting my dad ,who apparently doesn't believe in air conditioning, in Lake Havasu Arizona... FML
    • smh... smh... x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  25. theMightyME

Anybody who wants to beat the heat check out taco bell, they have a watermelon slush with little seed shaped shoe watermelon candies (texture wise it is like the less hard center of a gobstopper)

So refreshing
  26. CitizenOfVerona

Something that just dawned on me, credits music in games are getting pretty great. I know there were always great credits tracks (Super Mario World and 64 probably give me the most nostalgic feels ever) but between quite a few Bethesda games and Deus Ex MK, it's a trend I'd like to see catch on cause I'm a weirdo

• Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  27. Koenig

Koenig The Architect

Just throwing a shoutout to TNE's Twins @Goodtwin and @EvilTw1n for the good rounds we had tonight.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  28. MANGANian

MANGANian Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie

I also liked Metroid: Other M. It wasn't particularly atmospheric, but otherwise it was a cool take on the series. The controls might've taken some getting used to, and some parts of the plot didn't go hand in hand with the gameplay, or being a good story, but I liked it.

I also liked Skyward Sword. A bit too much filler moments for my liking, but the puzzle bits, the music, the art, Zelda, Ghirahim, the Dungeons, the guardian test thingy with the heart attack-inducing music, and most importantly, the fight mechanics, were a huge highlight for me. Had Miyamoto not felt pressured into making a long game, had they use IR controls instead of motion controls where it made sense, and had it been possible to make it a bit more interconnected, it probably would've been better than it currently is.