TNE Tengoku: Fried's Video Feed

Discussion in 'TNE Media' started by FriedShoes, Jan 23, 2015.

1. FriedShoes

FriedShoes MLG Staff Member Moderator

A gateway thread from TNE to my YouTube channel, so that you guys dont have to see all the comments I make on twerking videos.
    Right now I'm rolling around several different groups of videos, some of which I'll post here.
    • #TeamASuch Bouts- Videos involving members ASuch, Mr-Chris and yours truly playing Smash against each other or against others
    • TNE Chats- NOT the video podcast, simply videos of our chat section at various points of turmoil. I have two I've had in the backburner for a while, will work on finishing them up soon.
    • ZomibU: Pacifist Survivor- A mostly pacifist run of one of my favorite Wii U games, ZombiU. I've taken a rest due to coming up to a dangerous point in the game, but have enough footage to chop up and post as I work around the hurdle. (all I got atm is failure runs :3)
    • Anything Else- stuff I throw together in two minutes that serve nothing more than to amuse myself. Mostly involves video games, but might involve forum happenings or things I record irl.
    Wall over! Time for updates!
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
  2. FriedShoes

[​IMG]

Heavily edited Smash fights between me, @ASuch, and @juegosmajicos. Mostly done to show only juegos taking damage, I know, messed up :)

I forgot to save one battle, so I fluffed up the video by adding in two brief snippets of the FFA we had after rudely teaming up against juegs. The last match in particular was really good and fun, so I'll be sure to post that when I can.
    There's a stinger at the end of the video, what could it mean?

I need feedback on the audio levels, my laptop and headphones dont really give me accurate readings.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  3. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

Hey man you left out some of the moments I was proud of. Like when I upsmashed both you and asuch at the same time with Ganondord in Final Destination.

Anyway we'll get more material tonight to balance out the other day's #teamAdmin defeat.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FriedShoes

my private hell
    [​IMG]
    Creative decision. It was on for the longest time but in order to have some sort of sync and reason, I clipped it and a few other things out. How about this, I'll create a Juegos-centric highlight reel based off the same footage? Shouldnt take too long hee hee.
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. FriedShoes

Direct-to-Video sequel with two times the wrecking!

[​IMG]

This Tome Is My Soul! We are basically John Cena.

Team Smash Battles between #TeamASuch (me and @ASuch) and Team Admin (@juegosmajicos and @mattavelle1). Actual final score is 6-1, forgot to save one of our funniest matches.

Edited in some of the spot.im chat messages, notable exclusions include the stream after items were introduced and our saltiness over the outcome of the final match (the president totally jinxed me, Thanks Obama!). I summarized the latter with audio so not much missed.

Enjoy my taste in video game and k-pop music!
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  6. repomech

repomech resident remnant robot relic

A few thoughts...

If I'm reading the game correctly it looked to me like #TeamAsuch are more familiar with playing with each other. It was 2 v 1 and 1.

On a level of individual skill level I can't quite tell if @FriedShoes was more skilled than the others or whether he had simply mastered abusing Robin in tandem with @ASuch , but he was relatively very good regardless. It looked to me like @juegosmajicos was probably the second most skilled fighter.

@mattavelle1 you passed on hunting a Gore to be humiliated by #TeamAsuck? SMH - I kid, honestly all they do is play. It's hard to compete with that - you fought admirably.

I still don't quite understand the game, and have much to learn and train to be even remotely competent.

I miss 80's-early 90's slow rap.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  7. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fly to the treasure chest and back Staff Member Moderator

Nah we played these matches a few nights ago. Last night it was a diffent set of us.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FriedShoes

lol, this is probably the second time me and ASuch fought with each other and the first time we played together as a team (hence the happy surprise comment "I cant believe we werent just hype").
    We probably got all the practice we needed teaming up against juegos.

Great minds think alike when it comes to us. We seem to have similar and adaptive playstyles. It doesnt hurt that both Link and Robin are similar types too; both have great strength up close and projectile abilities. I also kept an eye on ASuch throughout. Last night Matt mentioned how we ran around like jackasses. Well in my case it was because I basically went for the teamup attack whenever I could, so you read me perfectly. Between the two of us, its easy to see I'm the one with the skillz tho. We'd probably have to get better in actual 1v1s to prepare for those moments when one of us gets knocked out, like in that last match.

Matt and Juegos switched characters every match so it was probably tougher for them to get into a rhythm with each other. And yeah, they probably havent played as much as me, although I dont play the game that much either other than on holidays and other family gatherings. Been demon and monster hunting most this month.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. repomech

repomech resident remnant robot relic

@FriedShoes
    @juegosmajicos

I'd be curious to see you and juegos do a few 1 v 1's sometime. If you're taking requests.

...or an intro tutorial to Smash. That would be sick. I know juegos had some interesting insights in the CT a ways back when I asked about how to get my head around the game (coming from more of a Street Fighter mindset).
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FriedShoes

Not available in Germany, so if you're in Europe pls tell me if you can watch this. OK USA

[​IMG]

Missing one fight, @juegosmajicos won that one. Also I forgot to turn smash balls off in my settings so I kinda cheesed one win. We're pretty evenly matched. I like to think I got a certain wiliness to my style.

With that, I'm done uploading all the videos I captured on that SOTU day. Gonna do that jueg highlight and other vids after the weekend.

durr, totally effed up the text edit in the end, forgot to chop away our names. Oh well.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  11. Juegos

MY MAN NUJABES
    YOU DONE MADE ME PROUD FRIED

You don't need to do the "Jueg highlights" one...yet. Plenty of more material for it in the future. :msrs:
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  12. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -Smashing!-

Holy balls Fried you're great at editing, great stuff. Fun fights too. I lmao'd at "Matt 'No kills' Costello". Hopefully I can be in some soon!
    • smh... smh... x 1
  13. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fly to the treasure chest and back Staff Member Moderator

I got kills after I finally caught there running asses. So that statement was a lie (except in a few matches).

Damn y'all gonna make me go beast mode and finally pick a main. There are like 8-10 fighters I love to death:mfacepalm:
  14. Juegos

My 2 true mains are Ganon and Ike. I want to expand that to Falco and Samus, but I want to focus on a few mains for real fights.

And @repomech, I vouch for Fried's skill, he's good with several players and has a variety of trickery at his service.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. FriedShoes

1422494741769.jpg
    [photoshop credit to a user from /wooo/ (a wrestling imageboard)]

YouTube took it down because the WWE cant handle a little artistic criticism.
    Kinda have to be a fan of WWE and/or Evangelion to grasp the some humor here but as a simple "edited video with music accompanying it" I think it works fine.
    I'd say there's some End Of Evangelion spoilers at the end but because the imagery is already pretty strange and hard to gauge even at first watch, let alone a little glance like this, it wont mean much.
    (if you plan on watching NGE my god what are you waiting for do it!)
    • Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  16. Juegos

So what exactly happened in the WWE that's so depressing? I'm a complete wrestling noob.
  17. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -Smashing!-

They shitted all over the most popular wrestler and everyone got pissed. And no one really wanted Roman Reigns to win because they think he's been pushed too quickly, that is to have him in the spotlight.

Anyway, entertaining video Fried
    • Like Like x 2
  18. FriedShoes

I might have overdid it

Its not depressing, its more confusing and disappointing than anything. Maybe I'll be able to come up with an analogy as I type.
    "Sup bro, want something to eat?"
    "Sure, pretty hungry, hear you got something good"
    "Yeah, you're gonna love this trust me"
    *zip*
    -ok, no, not gonna continue this grossness. Royal Rumble is like being served shit on a plate. There's cheesecake dessert (possibility of Daniel Bryan winning), but the main dish spills all over it. He serves you beer at the end, you fucking love beer (the beer is The Rock) but you know, it doesnt make you like the shit any better so you toss it at your asshole friend's face and leave.
    Neon lights fill your eyes as your boat slowly docks on the corner of Broadway and 43rd Street. A graying old man in a suit welcomes groups of people into the lively building. Once everyone is seated, he shuts the doors and gets up on stage.
    "Welcome to Post-Apocalyptic Times Square, NYC! Tonight is Royal Rumble Sunday here at WWE Restaurant, 'the only place in the world you can eat prepared meals'.
    "Tonight, we'll be pairing 1 of 30 signature dishes with our super special delicious insane melt your brain sauce! Have a taste, we've left a sample on your table."
    You dip your finger into the somehow sparkling glaze sauce in the sauce bowl. Holy shit, what an experience. Your tongue dances around gleefully, heart slows down a beat and everything begins to move in slo-mo. Your brain fills with colors, possibilities, life, love and happiness. You're swimming through space and time, unlocking knowledge and the secrets to the universe. A piece of paper floats by, the ultimate truth! It reads only one thing:
    This Could Only Go Great With the Chicken
    Listening to the murmurs around you, everyone else has come to the same conclusion. The chicken, perfectly seasoned, roasted and presented. Its rarely served at this restaurant; despite praise from the diners, the senile owner doesnt care at all for the dish. However, tonight we have a chance, its up there on the platform.
    The owner continues,
    "Now you know us, we love to please our fans. Our cloud aggregator will gauge the overall crowd popularity of dishes: if you want a dish to win it will! Now hope out there your hardest and let's begin!"
    A smirk crosses his face as he disappears backstage. The dishes begin spinning around the platform, several worthless plates instantly fly off. Everyone stares down the chicken, but something else catches your eye. Aww, son of a bitch, the owner put his own personal dish in the showdown as well. A piece of steak swimming in ramen. He's been pushing it down everyone's throat since he introduced it a year ago, but no one likes it. Stubborn bastard.
    Suddenly the unthinkable happens: The most perfect chicken plate topples off. You get off your seat. Its unbelievable, why, how? A cackle is heard backstage. An agonizing minute passes as the restaurant is filled with howls of despair. One plate is left standing, the ramen-steak.
    "Excellent choice!", the owner exclaims as he raises the dish off the platform. Boos fill the building.
    "How? Nobody wants this!"
    "That thing would just taste awful with that most perfect sauce!"
    "We want the chicken!"
    "CHICKEN! CHICKEN! CHICKEN!"
    "Come on now, here, have a taste, I'm sure you'll like it this time. Here look, I'll even throw in an old favorite, a pinot noire from our finest vineyard."
    The ramen appears on tables, alongside drinks. While the drink is superb, indeed a classic, nothing can help the awful taste of this meal. You stare at it, smell it. No, its unbearable.
    "Ramen-steak is just not ready! Look at it you out of touch moron, the steak is fucking raw, the soup unseasoned and fuck me it looks microwaved!"
    The owner tosses you a menacing glance. He opens his mouth wide, and with a booming voice yells over the crowd.
    "You will learn to like it!"
    Clamps trap you and everyone in their seats as open-mouth gags are forced onto everyone's face by machines erupting from the table.
    "I'll see you all in three months, the sauce should be ready by then"
    The restaurant dims as robotic utensils begin spoon-feeding you your first bite.
    The event featured in the video is the Royal Rumble. Its explained in the beginning, but the important thing is that the winner of the match is guaranteed a WWE World Heavyweight Championship (the promotion's biggest championship) title opportunity at WrestleMania. WM is their biggest, most important event, kinda like a season/series finale. Who they pick as the winner will dictate the direction they'll be going in story for the next three months. It is then incredibly unfortunate that they chose wrong (in the view of many fans, myself included).
    Roman Reigns, that long-haired Samoan dude at the end of the video, is the wrong man for the job. For the past few months he's been shoved down our throats with WWE trying everything to try and get him over with the fans. He has mediocre wrestling ability and downright awful speaking skills, coupled with junk writing and storylines and you get someone the fans just do not care for at all. Roman Reigns hasnt actually done anything. All his feuds have been left incomplete. He's had one singles match on PayPerView and the next one is for the biggest title in the business! He's had nothing that the fans can point at and say "hey, he accomplished something, I can get behind this guy".
    Now there were only 2 people that people thought could legitimately win this match. One of them is Roman, due to his favoritism with the higher-ups in the company. The other is a fan favorite, a wrestler who came into the match with a story, with a struggle and who could come out and win the match with a solid story heading into WrestleMania. That's Daniel Bryan, the bearded man shaking his head in the video. He was eliminated early on unceremoniously, and love was over.
    Instead of this ultimate David vs Goliath story with two people who can actually wrestle, two people who are incredibly liked by the crowd, who would explode the arena with noise the second the match started, we'll be getting an asspull of a storyline with a dude who cant carry himself in an arena filled with boos. Its just not good.
    There are quite a few more intricacies that happened in the match that just left more sour taste in our mouths. For example, The Rock came out to try and endorse Roman and it was so fucking transparent what they were trying to accomplish that even he got booed.

In the end, I do feel bad for Reigns. He was set up. A year ago WWE got into their head that he had to win despite what was best for him. They had all the time in the world to turn him into a likable guy, but they wasted it and instead just rushed it all in this one event. And now he's hated. At this moment in time, I have no interest in WrestleMania, and I guess that is a little sad.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. FriedShoes

Great big walls o' text!
    • Like Like x 2
  20. FriedShoes

Upload began back when I had my old profile photo. Got quite a few claiming this one, so wrong, might have to create a safety upload to another site but for now here it is.
    The-Good-the-Bad-the-Uglytne.jpg

(Its a play on "Freudian Trio")
    Got myself, @ASuch and @Mr-Chris alone on this one. A mixed bag of replays and captured-live footage, so look out for some of dat lag. Pretty good stuff. Noteworthy are that sick combo and L Wind ceiling kill in 10:23 match and Master Volleyball Player ASuch's spike in the following match.
    Not so noteworthy: every time Chris won. No drama.

Opening is the only originalish thing I did with this one, just got too lazy I mean I was pushing it with twenty or so minutes of fights already. Also neighbors internet gave up, hence the late upload as I had to use my own connection. Found another fios line to tap into so I'm good for the future tho.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  21. FriedShoes

No 'shop here because I couldn't find the right image. At least now I know that twerking on drunken, passed out people is a thing.

From waaaaaay back when The Game Awards aired on Twitch. This was a bit of a pain in the butt, moreso since the plugin I had that made everything click died and I was stuck doing things a little cheaper. Oh well.
    Here are the opinions of @LightsaberBlues @ASuch @CitizenOfVerona @simplyTravis @Mr-Chris and yours truly as it happened. A slight disclaimer, we were all incredibly sleepy given the strange airing time of the event, and one or two of us were drinkning. I stand by what I said, I think.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  22. TheAmazingLSB

TheAmazingLSB PLEASE UNDERSTAND....

Greatest. Video. Ever....
  23. FriedShoes

huh, looking at it here and in full screen, I prooobably could have chosen to put the chat bits in a better location. Just dont bring up the player. And the text is way lighter than it was pre-upload. Hmph.
    You live and learn.
  24. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -Smashing!-

I watched all 55 mins of that, you guys are hilarious. Thanks for this Fried, you good mang.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. FriedShoes

Another one from the archive. This one featuring the second coming of Jesus @juegosmajicos. Something went wrong with spot.im so we just used it to be jerks to each other. Also this was a few minutes before the 50-Fact Smash for Wii U livestream, so we reference that a bit.
    A short one.
    Also featuring @ASuch @ModernSamuraiJay @Mr-Chris @GaemzDood and a cameo from @LightsaberBlues. So @repomech was also prominent in the chat at the time but spot I guess deleted his posts and banned him for spamming (LOL) so when I went back to cap it all his stuff was gone.
    Spot's racist
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -Smashing!-

lmao 'terity

We have some good times on TNE, lols
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Shoulder

Shoulder Beardy McShoulder chippin' In...

Usually I tend to get involved with those kinds of discussions in the weirdest way possible, like a Dwayne Johnson moment of, "Hey guys. What's up?"

But for some reason I was MIA during that chat. Bollocks!
    • LOL LOL x 2
  28. TheAmazingLSB

TheAmazingLSB PLEASE UNDERSTAND....

You should submit these two vids to the recent media section.... They are awesome....
    • Like Like x 1
  29. simplyTravis

simplyTravis "A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"

Dude...we all need to get together for E3 and live chat that! Or set up a time where we can all watch the Nintendo Directs together. This was one of my favorite TNE chat room moments.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Juegos

We've done that for many past E3 and Nintendo Direct videos, but since we got Spot.im we haven't really done it. Spot.im has really been screwing many things up for us imo, if it was up to me we'd get rid of it immediately.

I'll ask around and see how the others feel about it, cause I honestly feel like it's limiting us as a community to be forced to rely on it.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
  31. Shoulder

Do it.
  32. FriedShoes

My edgiest post. Featuring everyone.

I have no regrets.
    This was capped and edited ages ago, only just reminded of it. I cant answer "why?", I forgot.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  33. Shoulder

[​IMG]
    • LOL LOL x 3
  34. Juegos

Euphoric LOL.jpg
    • LOL LOL x 3
  35. FriedShoes

A fresh one here, have it under dispute so hopefully the claim will be released by the fine people at NBC so I dont have to upload it somewhere else.
    Check it out while its hot in the meanwhile. Featuring @ASuch and @Mr-Chris.
    I didnt win a single match, but that first one was hilariously BS.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -Smashing!-

Awesome work Mr. T. Good matches too we had there.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. FriedShoes

File Under "Anything Else"
    minimal Ghosting
    And yes, I do put up pictures of Japanese pornography on my fridge, how did you guess?

watch in 720 /60 pls
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  38. FriedShoes

this is a test disregard this post

• LOL LOL x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 1:58 AM