To Be Infinite - 2018 Games Completion Thread

Discussion in 'Multi-Platform' started by Karkashan, Jan 1, 2018.

1. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

Steamworld Dig 2 (PC)

Good thing about being sick as a dog is that I can finish a game in two sitting (or lying downs) without feeling too bad.

edit: I prefer the "Heist" style more than "Dig", but Dig 2 is such an improvement over 1, and 1 wasn't even bad or anything. Image and Form are quickly becoming a favorite developer of mine.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CitizenOfVerona

Last of Us: Remastered + Left Behind (PS4)
    Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (PS4)

Just kinda spent the day playing through the couple hour campaigns of Left Behind and KH 0.2

I think I like The Last of Us a bit more the second time around, played it a couple of years ago and thought it was good. I still don't think it's the second coming of Grima or anything, as the game mechanics have been done before and done better, but the story is well written with some memorable moments.

Kingdom Hearts is fun as usual, although it has a couple of "I'm gonna juggle you for awhile and there's nothing you can do" boss fights. That said, this may be the most beautiful game I ever laid eyes on, fantastic art direction. Lastly, after playing with Aqua in this, and Riku for half of 3D, I'm really dreading returning to Sora as the one sole protagonist again.
    Aqua best girl
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Karkashan

Karkashan Well-Known Member

I may not have gotten done as much as I wanted for Mega March (home improvement projects took up too much time), but I did manage to finish Mega Man ZX (DS) tonight.
  4. Karkashan

A BOLT OF BRILLIANCE!

I finished up Detective Pikachu (3DS) tonight. Very cute, charming, and fun detective style adventure game.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. CitizenOfVerona

Final Fantasy IX (PS3)

So I kinda just went balls in all week on this game. Always thought this was my favorite FF, but since I began replaying/playing entries that I missed out on I can't say what my favorite is anymore. I think Kuja remains my favorite villian, then again Sin is pretty dope too.

I will say I think the PS1 games may be my favorite "trilogy". I just fucking love the premises and story, so crazy and imaginative, and I'd be lying if I said watching the ending of IX didn't make me choke up a bit. Vivi's monologue, seeing how everyone's life continues...damn.

I do have a lot of nostalgia for this game. Never before had I experience a story that dealt so heavily about fear of dying (hits a bit too close to home) and defying fate. Kuja's boss music, as a kid, just encapsulated all those feelings so perfectly. Everything just came so damn well together in that fight that even hearing the music now gives me emotions in a way few other things can.

...Or maybe I'm looking to hard into and at the end of the day it's simply a damn good RPG, yeah probably that.

[​IMG]
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  6. CitizenOfVerona

Gunman Clive (3DS)
    Super Mario Land (3DS)

Just one of those nights.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Shoulder

Shoulder Your Resident Beardy Bear

I should start calling you Citizen of Games. @CitizenOfVerona

You're a beast for all the games you've been playing lately. Wish I could play more games like I used to. :(
  8. CitizenOfVerona

Well, in all honesty my hobbies lately have been just gaming and reading. I've read around 10 books since New Year's, and all those games.

Thing is, I live by myself, I don't have a S.O., and I don't usually see my friends in the work week. Weekends are usually when I go out. Also, I don't watch television/Netflix at all really, and haven't watched a movie in ages. So it's safe to say when I get off work my evening time is reserved for books or games (for the most part).
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Karkashan

Beat Pokemon Colosseum (GCN) tonight. Just got to purify my Shadow Pokemon and grab my Ho-oh, and I'll be just about done with 3rd gen when it comes to my living pokedex.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CitizenOfVerona

Hitman Go (PC)

Like Lara Croft Go, just a nice puzzle game. Highly recommended.
  11. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I was playing that last year. Charming visuals and nice story.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CitizenOfVerona

Tomb Raider (2013) (PS3)

I'm pretty excited for Shadow of the TR, so I decided to replay this one. I still love it despite the lack of good puzzles and the forgettable cast. I might end up playing a few more before Shadow comes out.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Shoulder

Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) <---(Well, duh!)

The credits rolled, so I'm counting this one. I finished the storyline of Xenoblade Chronicles X a little while ago, but there is still a lot of Mira to explore.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Karkashan

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shoulder

I was thinking more this:

• Like Like x 1
  16. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Even my henchmen think I'm crazy. Staff Member Moderator

Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

As @Shoulder said...
    I'm in the Mushroom Kingdom, and I'm sure there's plenty of bonus content, but I don't know how much of it I really feel like doing. SMO is a really, really good game. Super charming, and I laughed my ass off at the "end." But...it's not my favorite Mario. And once the credits roll, I don't typically dip back into games.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Shoulder

This has been my problem for a lot of games over the years because I perceive as the credits roll as the final send off; the sense of satisfaction and reward that the game is finished. But if there's something that is becoming more the case over the last 10-15 years, it's that open world games have stuff occur AFTER the credits the roll, and the main story line is finished. For myself, while I have played many games after the credits rolled (GTA being one of them), most others that I have played, I normally just play again from the beginning, and explore the area again.

I'm seeing something similar right now with XCX, even though having played a few affinity missions, I'm discovering there's a lot more to do now, and I at times feel like looking forward for better stuff. I'm already working on developing some new gear-chief among which is the Ares 70 Skell, but at the same time I feel there's enough unique things to do in the game that is keeping me playing it.

I can't say right now what game I'll tackle next, but It'll likely be another Wii U game, or a Wii title possibly. I know I still have The Last Sotry, and Pandora's Tower to play, so there's that to consider.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CitizenOfVerona

I vote Pandora's Tower.
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Shoulder

The Last Story it is then. TLS appears to be the lesser of the three Rainfall games, so I should finish it with Pandora's Tower as a result. :mthumb:
  20. Karkashan

Finished God of War (PS4) (aka God of War 7) just a few minutes ago. Really fun game.

I know some may disagree for whatever reasons, but I think this one is my favorite of the series.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. CitizenOfVerona

How long is it? I heard 30-35 hours from some people.
  22. Karkashan

I think I managed to get through it in just around 30 to 33 hours (it doesn't give you a play time counter, so I'm having to guess based on how many days I've played it versus breaks I've taken, work I've gone to, and Den of Trials I've completed)

There are probably ways to get through it even faster, though, since I did quite a bit of the side content as well.
    • Like Like x 1