Together We Ride - 2017 Game Completion Thread

Discussion in 'Multi-Platform' started by Karkashan, Jan 1, 2017.

1. SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar Hero of the Wastes

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition on PC.

I've owned this game for about 5 years, but never played it for more than 5 minutes. I finally played the entire thing and was very happy with it. An evocative, interesting experience.

8/10.
  2. Karkashan

Karkashan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I have defeated Ganon in Breath of the Wild for the Switch.

I love this game, and I fully intend to put plenty of more time in it over the next weeks and months (I eventually wanna get all the shrines).

But for now, the credits are rolling and everything just feels really good, gurl.

praisegrima
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  3. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

How long did you take?
  4. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

How many shrines have you found?

I'm gonna try and find them all as well, but I can tell I'm gonna get around 110 or something and be stuck for the last few.
  5. Karkashan

So far it's only at 62.

So, halfway there, I guess.

praisegrima
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Karkashan

Don't have a playtime counter since I was on the Switch, but it was probably a good 50-60 hours of playtime.

Edit: playtime activity just unlocked, so it seems like it was close to 70 hours.

praisegrima
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  7. CitizenOfVerona

Gotcha. I'm sitting at 102 and running out of ideas.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

Wow. Nice.

I read that NS doesn't show the precise number of hours of playtime, is that true?
  9. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fresh starts now Staff Member Moderator

No it's not true I just checked mine under my profile last night. I'm at 55 hours and I haven't done any story yet.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  10. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I asked because some people are saying that it only shows hours like 10, 15, 20, 25, and not the precise amount of hours and minutes. Like in this screenshot where you see "40 hours or more".

[​IMG]
  11. CitizenOfVerona

Breath of the Wild on Wii U
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

Finished

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Wii u, 5:00, 5/5
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  13. CitizenOfVerona

Dark Messiah: Might and Magic (PC).

Good game, very frustrating at some parts, but hilarious when you can kick enemies off a cliff.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Necessary Evil Staff Member Moderator

Beat Gannon in Breath of the Wild (Wii U). 86 hours.

Don't know if I'll ever "beat" the game.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  15. Shoulder

Shoulder Shouldy McShoulderface chippin' in

So if we played a game for 30 minutes or less, it's free then?
  16. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I don't know if it shows anything if you played less than 5 hours.
  17. Karkashan

Finished up Mass Effect: Andromeda for the Xbox One. Liked it, but open world burnout is definitely a thing for me right now.

It has its issues, I won't deny that, but I still think it's a good game. And it seems on Thursday a lot of the annoying things will get patched out, so that's a bonus.

praisegrima
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Shoulder

I feel like you completely missed my joke. Now I am sad. :(
  19. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

ah ok, yeah, I missed it. lol

And I'm still sad that Switch can't deliver a simple feature like that.

Playtime is very important for me.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I've finished Watch_Dogs for Wii U.

Watch_Dogs, Wii U, 35:00, 5/5
  21. Superfakerbros

Superfakerbros ECE 2018 Staff Member Moderator

I finally beat The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)

...holy shit, this game was just amazing. I think I can safely say that this is easily my favorite game this generation and among my top 10 games of all time. Just, wow, this game exceeded all of my expectations. Traversing through the world is so much fun, as is visiting all of the towns, and Hyrule Castle...man, that was easily my favorite part with it's atmosphere and music. Don't know exactly how many hours I've put into it, as my friend played it a lot too, but I think I can safely say I have well over 80 hours put into it, with 96 shrines beat, alongside all of the main dungeons and quite a healthy amount of side quests and some of my armor upgraded. If I can give any criticism, it's that the world does feel a bit too big for it's own good and I wish it's dungeons were longer and had the kind of thematic look and design of previous Zelda games but, really, even then, it's outstanding.

Nintendo has set a pretty high bar for Zelda with Breath of the Wild. I can only hope they continue to raise it higher
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  22. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I've just beaten I am air traffic controller Airport Hero Narita

I am air traffic controller Airport Hero Narita, 3DS, 9:40, 5/5 stars

I love this franchise. I've finished all the stages with max points.

There's still the post game extended stages to beat.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Karkashan

Might be a bit premature but I think Odo wins the award for "Beating a game with the weirdest fucking title".
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

25. FriedShoes

FriedShoes Girl Fetishist Staff Member Moderator

Calling it for Zelda
  26. Karkashan

Gonna need to be more specific, Fried.
  27. FriedShoes

Breath of the Wild.
    And Snipperclips, I'll call it for that one as well.
  28. Karkashan

Not seeing a platform here, Fried.
  29. FriedShoes

Switch thanks that has to be all yes?
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  30. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

I've beaten Swords & Soldiers II on Wii U

The game is 5 stars.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Karkashan

[​IMG]
    Beat the Story mode for the new Injustice game. Pretty good game (although I'm not doing the alternate ending crap because I'm a sap and don't like bad endings and I knew that's where that was heading)

praisegrima
  32. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

I forgot to post about Breath of the Wild (NSW).

Completed it in April. 120 Shrines, all memories, 451 Korok seeds.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  33. mattavelle1

I finished BotW on Switch. (not all shrines and whatnot but I got the true ending)
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  34. Shoulder

I finally completed my first game of the year. Just finished the story mode in Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Quite a good game, despite it being a bit short. Th advantage though is because the game is quite fun with all the shooting, and combos, and gaining experience, it's easy to get better at it. I did not even start arcade mode yet, but considering that is not part of the main storyline, I'll say I did complete a game.
  35. Superfakerbros

Persona 5 (PS4)

Welp...if the other Persona games are as good as this one, I'll have to check them out, assuming they come to the PS4 or Switch. I loved how every member of the Phantom Thieves played off of each other and actually hung out and talked like a genuine group of friends. By far my favorite aspect of the game. The story itself is fine, albeit nothing I haven't really seen before, from other SMT games and even Anime. The turn-based combat is enjoyable overall and I like combining all of the different Personas to get an ideal one. The main aspects of the game that bugs me is the presentation and how crude some of the gameplay is. The game feels and plays like an HD PS2/GC/3DS game. Now, that's not a bad thing, as I love those systems, but stuff like getting a Game Over when your MC dies, costing you hours of gameplay, or how you have to stand at very specific places to interact with stuff in the different Palaces and in the real world kind of hindered my overall enjoyment of the game. I'd still say it's the best JRPG I've played since Xenoblade Chronicles but go into this one knowing of some of the game's issues
    • Like Like x 1
  36. mattavelle1

Switch
    MK8D

I have every Grand Prix mode 50cc/100cc/150cc/Mirror/200cc ever cup now has 3 gold stars.

I pray to never do this again, it's a true grind.
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  37. Karkashan

tumblr_inline_opu1av90U01qglrf6_500.jpg
    Beat Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and am 80 percent through an immediate replay where I focus on unnecessary grinding.

It's a good game, and a good remake. It's faithful, though, so there are some shortcomings that are a result of being a 3d i fied remake of an NES game. Still love it regardless.

praisegrima
    • Like Like x 3
  38. Karkashan

The only MK I've ever 100% was DS. After that, I decided "never again". It really is a grind.

praisegrima
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

50cc is good. 100cc is all right. 150cc is not for me.
  40. SkywardCrowbar

Haven't been on the site for awhile. Whoo.

I beat:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch). 9.9/10. One of the finest games I have ever played without a doubt.

Paper Mario Sticker Star (Nintendo 3DS). 2/10. One of the worst games I have ever played without a doubt.

Fallout 3 (PC). 9.8/10. One of the finest games I have ever played without a doubt.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch). 10/10. I love Mario Kart, and this is the pinnacle of Mario Kart.
    • Like Like x 1
  41. mattavelle1

Specter Knight (Shovel Knight Tresure Trove)
    Switch

This game man! Shovel knight was amazing, plague knight was amazing, Specter Knight was amazing!

It keeps on delivering over and over and over again. All 3 of the "knights" are full games on there own. I love them so much!
    • Like Like x 2
  42. mattavelle1

Street Fighter II The Final Challengers.

Switch

I saw the credits roll on one of the higher difficulties. Game is so cheap on single player.
  43. SkywardCrowbar

Fire Emblem: Heroes (Android)

A decently fun diversion that introduced me to some FE characters. I didn't find it to be worth spending any money on directly, but it did further light a fire under me to actually buy some mainline FE games on 3DS.

7/10

Fallout New Vegas (PC)

Running around being a post apocalyptic cowboy sure is fun!

9/10
  44. CitizenOfVerona

So it's been awhile. Managed to beat a few games.

Hitman Contracts (PC)
    Devil May Cry 3 (PS3)
    System Shock 2 (PC)
    Donkey Kong 64 (n64)
    Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
    Dishonored + Knife of Dunwall + Brigmore Witches (PS3)
    Bravely Default (3DS)
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  45. Superfakerbros

@CitizenOfVerona How'd you like Devil May Cry 3? Personally, I find it to be the finest action game I've ever played, perhaps even more so than Bayonetta 2

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment (Wii U)

A pretty good campaign overall, I definitely enjoyed it over the likes of Plague Knight as I wasn't too fond of his overall movement and control. However, like with Plague Knight, despite being a damn good addition to Shovel Knight, worthy of being it's own game, I still don't think it compares to Shovel Knight in terms of character movement and overall fun factor. Specter of Torment had quite a few parts that made my blood boil as certain parts had to be done perfectly the first time around as, otherwise, you'd have to die to retry them

Shantae: Half Genie Hero (Switch)

A good game, albeit not as good as its predecessor, but $20 is pretty steep, especially considering how much more content Shovel Knight offers for a similar price point. Not to mention, a lot of the additional content hasn't come out yet, like Risky's campaign, and I believe a lot of that is paid DLC. Yeah, I'd wait for a price drop on the game or a later release that includes all of the additional content
  46. CitizenOfVerona

DMC 3 was dooooope.

After 2 I had to take a little break from the series but I'm glad I didn't wait too long. From the opening bar fight I just knew I was in for something special.

I got DMC 4 bought on PS4, so I'll play that at some point over the summer.
    • Like Like x 2
  47. Superfakerbros

Yeah, I think most of us had to take a break after DMC 2 ;) But, man, does DMC 3 deliver. Glad you enjoyed it, dude

Oh nice, man. Personally, I don't think it's quite as good as DMC 3 or Bayonetta 2 but it's still pretty good and I'd argue more enjoyable than the likes of Bayonetta 1 and the other DMC games
  48. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

Fire Watch (PS4)

Fun indie game. Interesting story. Graphics had a very artistic feel.