Together We Ride - 2017 Game Completion Thread

Discussion in 'Multi-Platform' started by Karkashan, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

Resident Evil VII (PS4)
    Game was alright, but boy, was it overhyped. It's nice that we got that sense of exploration from the early games again, but the combat is completely uninteresting and the story is the typical Resident Evil trash, minus the fun, campy parts.

I have a hard time understanding why this game was praised so highly when Alien Isolation had done everything better just a year and half earlier. I don't think it's a bad game by any means (certainly better overall than RE6 and REvelaitons), but I would never recommend it over Evil Within, Alien Isolation, or even SOMA.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

I'd say keep Sega 32X and CD separate.
    32X
    SCD

Once the mystery was explained I rolled my eyes and went "oh yeah, Resident Evil, right". Not bad, I enjoyed it, but man did it need more enemy types and puzzles.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar Hero of the Wastes

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)

A game that has been sitting on my shelf since I got it on launch day. I am left asking myself, "why on Earth hadn't I played this before?"

Visuals, combat, music, and fan service are all top notch. The atmosphere is basically a fan game but on a AAA budget. The scope of the action is pretty incredible (note, this is my first Warriors game) and the strategic elements were a very pleasant surprise.

8.25/10.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Karkashan

Karkashan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Finished Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PC) tonight.

This isn't a bad game.

But it's not a very good game, either.

It's that just above average type of game you'd expect from a AA license game. But since I got it pretty cheap, since it was on sale, I feel like I came out of this experience 100% satisfied. (I played as the Elf girl the whole time because A) yay playable female character and 2) yay Elves)

praisegrima
  5. BobSilencieux

BobSilencieux Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention that I finished Picross S on the Switch a couple of weeks ago.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  6. Karkashan

Oof, I can't believe I never thought to put in an easily recognizable symbol next to everyone's names on the list before now.

It make editing that monster a lot easier, lol.
  7. CitizenOfVerona

The Evil Within (PS4)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Karkashan

[​IMG]
    I've "completed" Super Mario Odyssey (NS) tonight. I love this game, just... so much.

I'm gonna go back tomorrow and play it some more, collect a lot more moons, although I already know I won't go for 100%.

grimaberpraised
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  9. Shoulder

Shoulder Beardy McShoulder chippin' In...

While everyone was busy throwing their hats into every living thing and object in existence, I finished killin' me some Nazis once again in Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3) last night. Now I REALLY want to play The New Colossus. @CitizenOfVerona That game treating you well thus far?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. CitizenOfVerona

So far I'm border lining strongly disliking the game. First half (?) of the game you only have max 50 health, and it melts away in less than a second. When I recently played The New Order I played on "I am Death Incarnate" (second hardest mode). TNC adds one more so I played on "Do or Die" (third hardest - for "experienced gamers"). Fuck me it's way too hard. One of the first stealth sections has two dual wielding laser mechs. Fuck pacing eh? I probably died more in the first few missions than all of TNO.

So I bit the bullet after the second level and knocked it down a notch to "Bring 'Em On" (for "casual" gamers as the game says) and you still die way too fast. Without spoiling, after awhile you get your health knocked up to 100, and it does make it a tad better, but death is still really fast. In the early parts of the game, if a dog knocks you down around other soldiers, that's it, by the time you kill it and stand up you're dead.

The levels themselves don't seem as interesting or well designed either but that's something I guess is debatable. So far, no moon base, no suspension bridge, no prison, etc. Since the game all takes place in America, it all feels similar.

I don't know man, maybe I'm alone in this cause this game is getting massive praise from most everywhere I'm going. I'm tempted as hell to rush through this game today and trade it in for max credit and get something else. Maybe pick this up again when it gets super cheap. I don't like being like this, but jeez, what a let down. I'm hoping the second half is much better. Another little thing is the in game documents. There were a few newspaper clippings in TNO, but this game has a total of 150, some of them are journal entries and newspaper clippings, postcards, etc. Way too much so I'm mostly ignoring them. Don't understand why developers go overboard but eh.

So yeah, best I can hope for now is it pulls a Skyward Sword where the first playthrough is a disappointment but after a year I replay it and appreciate it a bit more.

tl;dr Play The Old Blood or Doom instead.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CitizenOfVerona

Wolfenstein The New Colossus (PS4)

Got sick of it so just rushed through the later half of the game so I could be done with it. Even bumped it down to Don't Hurt Me and still the health just drained away like nothing.

More than that, the stealth sections are worse because the areas involved are much bigger and damn hard to get to the generals without getting spotted, so fuck them. I'm gonna trade it in for something else. Perhaps get it again when it's 20 bucks and give it a second try but I'm in no rush.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Karkashan

oof, that right there is the one thing that could turn me off this game until it gets super cheap.

praisegrima
  13. Karkashan

I finished The Order: 1886 (PS4) tonight. Not too bad a game, to be honest. I love the setting and the story was pretty good, all things considered.

5 bucks well spent, I'd say.

praisegrima
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Shoulder

That reminds me. I still need to finish that, and given my current climate of video games, it's not like it'll take much of my time. I've only gotten maybe two hours max into it, and I was enjoying it. Maybe I'll get back to that today after work.
  15. CitizenOfVerona

Ah so you're almost done then.
    • LOL LOL x 4
  16. Shoulder

The game definitely presents itself more like an extra long movie, or short miniseries.
  17. CitizenOfVerona

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness (PC)

I know I said it would be a game I do a level or two per week or so, just to drag it out, but I fucked about with the controls and found keyboard and mouse to be the best. 360 controller is border line unplayable in this game. Despite the controls, some levels are actually enjoyable.

I could probably write an essay about my thoughts on this game, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who cares about a 14 year old Tomb Raider game. That said, I'm finally done all the main line TR games. I still haven't delved into the Lara Croft games, or the handhelds, but the 11 main console games are all done.
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  18. Juegos

It would still be a good read , and it's always good to practice your writing. :mthumb:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Shoulder

It's simple, write an article, maybe tie it to Nintendo, and it'll hit the front page, :mthumb:
  20. CitizenOfVerona

Tomb Raider AoD only came out for PS2 and Steam. Also, I tried writing something last summer, didn't get it done. Haven't written in so long perhaps I lost it. Maybe it was the topic, I don't know.
  21. Juegos

You just have to believe in yourself. :mlove:
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Karkashan

[​IMG]
    Replayed the Main campaign (aka did a fresh save and did the Story Mode) in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PC), finished my collectible hunting in my original save, and played through the Bright Lord DLC, getting all the Steam achievements in both of those modes.

Since all the season pass stuff has come out by now, I played with some different skins (although the Lithariel one was my fave because duh). Playing on this upgraded PC is nice, although I think there is something quirky related to the Mordor engine or how they implement it that makes 60FPS do some weird things on my machine.

praisegrima
  23. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

Finished the main game of Super Mario Odyssey (NS) last night. Still going to keep playing and keep exploring.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. CitizenOfVerona

Beat Tearaway Unfolded the other night on PS4. Started it awhile back, but got sidetracked. Great game, though the last few levels felt like they ran out of steam.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. CitizenOfVerona

Uncharted Lost Legacy (PS4)
    • Like Like x 1
  26. CitizenOfVerona

Similar to Tearaway, I started this game awhile ago but had to take a breather between the two campaigns. I finished Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS4) earlier today.

I just don't even know anymore.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fly to the treasure chest and back Staff Member Moderator

Switch

Mario Odyssey (mainline single player)

Sweet Lord what a game!
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Karkashan

*dreamy sigh*

Marluxia-sama~
  29. Karkashan

Played through HuniePop on PC today. Pretty decent match 3 game.

Fucking hilarious dialogue.
  30. BobSilencieux

BobSilencieux Well-Known Member

Super Mario Odyssey - Switch

999 moons
    All outfits
    All kindoms done
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
  31. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fly to the treasure chest and back Staff Member Moderator

999 moons!?! FOR REAL!??
    • Like Like x 1
  32. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

I'm severely impressed! I'm at 700 right now, and still going.
  33. Shoulder

Too many fucking games you lot are playing. GIVE ME SOME TIME TO CATCH UP FOR FUCK SAKES!!! :msrs:
    • LOL LOL x 3
  34. Karkashan

Beat Sonic Forces (NS) today. 8/10 better than the first Uncharted.

praisegrima
  35. repomech

repomech resident remnant robot relic

Wait, what's this? I beat another game you say??!

[​IMG]

Now five years old and still excellent as ever.

[​IMG]

Playthrough on Vita.
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  36. SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar Hero of the Wastes

Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch)

The vastness of the adventure is only matched by how fresh it feels. Simply a joy to play throughout, with a perfect balance of difficulty.

10/10.

Final DOOM: The Plutonia Experiment (PC)

Tough as nails and extremely clever in map design. Basically the pinnacle of the "technical" DOOM map making format.

7.5/10.