Wii U Community Thread

Discussion in 'TNE Forums Hall of Fame' started by admin, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacesonnall

Jacesonnall Bruh

Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in);

Edit: Fuck. Whelp, welcome to the stratosphere y'all. Page 1000. Ya made it.
    • Like Like x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  2. Juegos

Juegos All mods go to heaven. Staff Member Moderator

Page 1000!
    Take the day to post your favorite memories of this CT. I'll close the thread before we reach page 51.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fresh starts now Staff Member Moderator

WOOT WOOT!!

NB4HallofFame!!!!!!!

Also it was pretty hilarious when we found out @Koenig has his own icon:mfancy:

The Major Mario Cat debate was really good here aswell.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  4. Juegos

There really are too many things that happened here. Three and a half years of posts is a long time, I don't even know where to begin, and I'll forget a lot of stuff for sure.

First, I was surprised we didn't talk about Nikola Tesla (the poster) in the first pages, around the time of his death. Those days the community was by and large the chat (much like today, I guess), and I remember talking about it there, so I guess that's where it stayed.

We had plenty of religion debates, but the last one was my favorite. It's probably been more than a year since we had it, but what I remember was that people generally kept their cool and we had a great conversation despite the debate getting heated.

We've seen a lot of posters go in and out of the forums. @Eggers was getting along really well with everyone here, but suddenly stopped posting. @Prime has been around since before this CT started, if I'm not mistaken, together with @running_in_jam, @DarkDepths, @Bimkoblerutso, and @CyanPrime, among others I'm forgetting. But of them, only Cyan posts anymore. @nyarlathotep5 and @-BooM-BooM- have been in and out, as have many others.

@repomech has been telling me that crepes are a subset of the pancake family for nearly 3 years now. But I don't care, they look so delicious they deserve their own mention.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Mario icons have been around for nearly as long as this CT, by the way. They just fell out of style when we moved to phpBB and later vanilla forums. :msrs:

On that note, the freaking forums have been through a lot of changes. First we had some POS super basic boards that looked like they were the first internet forums ever made, by some dude in his lunch break at work, even. Then we went from that to myBB forums. Those were freaking badass, in fact, at the time they were FAR ahead of what IGN had (before they moved to xenforo), let alone what we had. But they weren't easy for us to work with on the tech side (that was back when DarkDepths was our only tech guy and was doing the heavy lifting around here), so we switched to phpBB, which weren't quite as good but were still pretty solid, and were easier to mess with. Those were pretty comfy forums, but eventually we moved to vanilla, I don't remember why exactly. Vanilla was probably really nice on the tech side, but I really disliked it as a poster, it required too much work to get posts to look ok. Admittedly, vanilla forced me to get comfortable with CSS and HTML, so that's something good that came out of that. And of course we finally moved here to Xenforo, which have been my favorite boards of all that we've had.

Anyway, yeah this CT has seen a lot of action. I could open any random page here and get lost in whatever conversation was going on at that time. I love that this CT can get deep into any conversation or debate for a couple of days, then go back to normalcy the next day. If I had to describe this CT, I'd say it feels like the true home of TNE. It hasn't always been pretty out there in the front page, or the chat, or the skype groups. But this CT has always felt welcoming and I've never had a bad time in here.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 7
  5. MANGANian

MANGANian Megalomaniacal Robo-zombie

[​IMG]

Having skipped breakfast, this is the last thing I needed to see.
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  6. Karkashan

Karkashan Well-Known Member

I should go to bed or something.

grimabepraised
    • LOL LOL x 2
  7. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

That time in the CT when I was like "I'm new" and people were like "Welcome" and I was all like "Thanks"

Good times.

Here's to the next 1000 pages! Long live TNE and the CT!
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. FriedShoes

FriedShoes $nipperMod Staff Member Moderator

Ah, I thought we were closing at 999

I'll just repost what I had and just say it's been a great time ever since fully becoming a regular here, lets keep the party going in the next 1000, eh?
    Also
    LOL THE STATE OF CHOKESCONSIN

And for extra kicks, here's a collection of posts that I've made where I was wrong.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  9. Wolven

Wolven The Wolf of TNE Street

Happy Page 1000 TNE!!!

Also, everyone who has Netflix HAS to watch The Square. There are extremely graphic scenes in it, but its a documentary about the Egyptian revolution, which has street footage from the actual thing. Its really worth a watch, can't recommend it enough. Its particularly powerful since these events are still going on today.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
  10. CitizenOfVerona

CitizenOfVerona Spectacular Staff Member

We had a lot of discussions it's hard to remember the best of the best.

I do know I'm a salty sumbitch most of the time, so the fact you all can deal with that and still have an honest to god conversation with me is pretty cool.

Not CT related but the shit we get on with when playing CoD is hilarious.

I'm honestly drawing a blank on what some of the best moments were. I think @mattavelle1 covered it pretty well on the last page.

So when is I_Stink and Chris Wright coming back? I miss those fuckers big time
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  11. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -TNE's resident Star Fox lover-

Moving to XenForo was a big moment. I'm kinda drawing a blank on personal moments right now though.

Er, I love you guys and all that.

<3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  12. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu Well-Known Member

Man this place has played host to a lot of great memories since I joined here almost two years ago...

Many great discussions were had, I think my favorite was the one where half the forums disappeared and we started a bonfire over it.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  13. Odo

Odo Well-Known Member

As soon as NX come out, will this thread be dead?

Is there life after Wii U Community Thread?

Is the world just the blue eye of a big big titan like Bionis and Mechonis?

Are we going to have a Nintendo Mobile Community Thread?

A user called admin started this thread? Who's he? Is he a god, a mecha, a titan, a Tokyo giant monster or a Nintendo senior executive?
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
  14. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Now with X-Parasites Staff Member Moderator

There are far too many good times from the CT to pick one (or two, or three). Maybe in the new CT, I'll just randomly quote old CT posts.

That's assuming the new CT has voice chat, though.
    Partly Salty Bitch.
    Some say his voice can only be heard by cats, and that he has a toe nail on the tip of his penis.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  15. Aki

Aki Well-Known Member

We finally made it!!!

Page one motherfucking k!!!

We did it!!!

We made it!!!

We're Here!!!

More specifically, I'm here. Been here on page 1 and am back on page 1 . . . thousand. It feels good. There were days where I didn't know if I'd see it through. There were days were I was at ends with TNE. Days where I felt like TNE betrayed me and days where I felt like I betrayed TNE. Through all of those times, the good and the bad, this has been my home for three years now. Even when I took a temporary hiatus from the forums this was still my home. I haven't posted anywhere else. It feels good to call this place home because while I've posted on many different forums in the past (IGN, Giant Bomb, GameSpot, NWR . . .) I haven't stuck around. Mainly, because I wasn't feeling it and because I didn't really care about the users, but this place is special. I feel like we have a tight community here. Sure, there are users who I've been at ends with, not gonna name them out of respect, but even then, if we were involved in some sort of forum war with another forum, I'd have their back. I also feel like I've grown up here and watched this place grow. I joined these forums back when I was still in college. Back in a time when my life was pretty different from what it is today and back when the forums where a much different place. We've had many users come and go, but I saw something here when I first joined. I saw the potential of what this place could become and our boy @Menashe made it happen. So big ups to him. However, we're still evolving as a community and within the upcoming years, I hope to continue to grow and mature with this place.

I was thinking of what @juegosmajicos said about posting some of our favorite memories of this place and while mine aren't necessarily of the CT, they do encompass it. My favorite memories of TNE and the CT are the ones from when the Wii U was about to launch / just launched. I was looking back through some of my earlier posts and threads and there was just so much happiness and hype here. I was saying shit like this is going to be the best Nintendo ever and @mattavelle1 was backing me up on it. @Ex-Actarus was talking about how Miiverse is going to be a real killerapp. @juegosmajicos was on his media black-out. @NintendoMan dissecting the Pro Controller. @AniGamer putting his mind at ease due to the launch. The Launch Game Review thread that I made. Just so many great posts came from that time period and it was just a great time to be active on the forums.

Finally, I'd like to give a big shoutout to all of our dead, figuratively and literally, who couldn't make it to this point with us.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 7
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  16. Wolven

Square Enix wants to celebrate with us!!! Deus Ex Mankind Divided (next gen Deus Ex) just got announced!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: And the Apple and HBO gods blessed us with HBO Now, the best on demand service since Netflix.
    • Like Like x 5
  17. CitizenOfVerona

And I got a raise from work!

PRAISE THE SUN

[​IMG]
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  18. nyarlathotep5

nyarlathotep5 Member

I have been in and out in general, but I do remember most of you guys fondly, even if I don't participate a lot.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

We love you too man.
    and @Majorbuddah
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  20. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Those are some interesting mockupss
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

You're a fun guy you know that?
    • Like Like x 1
  22. FriedShoes

You're gonna feel silly when the NX turns out to be nothing more than a 4mb expansion pack for Wii U.

That's some great news, now I wonder which one of the hilarious ME3 endings is canon.
    • LOL LOL x 1
  23. TheAmazingLSB

TheAmazingLSB PLEASE UNDERSTAND....

I love you guys.... I don't even care if you like me or not... I fucking love you all.... And almost everything I do here is for yaw.... That's all I gots to say....
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 12
  24. Wolven

25. TheAmazingLSB

[​IMG]

maxresdefault (5).jpg
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
  26. Shoulder

Shoulder Shouldy McShoulderface chippin' in

So I'll post this again, since this IS the 1000th page of the CT. Some of my fondest memories from TNE (which were all featured on CT at some point) all came from 2014.

-The night I got the name of Shoulder during the drunkest COD session in TNE history (thanks, @EvilTw1n )
    -The night everyone got massive hard ons when I was featured on the pre-E3 TNE Blues. Guess no one has ever seen such a stout bald head before
    -The time @juegosmajicos officially changed my username from imthesoldier to Shoulder
    -The time I forgot how to sit down:

[​IMG]

-And so much more!
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 9
  27. Juegos

Matt just told me @Menashe wants to post here before it closes, so we'll close the thread shortly after that.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
  28. pawbyte

pawbyte New Member

To be announced. :D
    • Like Like x 1
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 1
  29. mattavelle1

mattavelle1 Fresh starts now Staff Member Moderator

• R.A.P. R.A.P. x 3
  30. CitizenOfVerona

I joked around around a lot recently. But I want to get momentarily serious for a second.

I love you guys. Whether I'm going through some hard shit in my life, I always know I can post here and get that "Cheers" feeling. No matter how salty I get, you still welcome me with open arms.

*walks in*
    "COV!!"
    *studio applause"

Well, at least that's how it plays out in my head.

The last few months when I had to deal with moving, and losing friends, and shitty roommates, that was a low point. Not cause it was the worst thing that ever happened to me, but because I get that bad anxiety. I couldn't eat or bring myself to post here for months.

But when I came back, you all still welcomed me back. No one kicked up a stink about "where the fuck were you" or anything.

I've made such good friends with so many people here, it fucking kills me that we can't all meet up sometime in real life.

Online game night when?
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

This will be the last post then(or my last post). We'll let menashe get #99 and #100
    Where's Uni?
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  32. theMightyME

theMightyME Editor in Chief of TVEnthusiast

*drops trou*
    "PUDDING!"
    • LOL LOL x 2
  33. Karkashan

Boy howdy I sure do get distracted easy on the internet, that I do.

Read some fanfic today (particularly at AO3), and "oh my" were some of those fics dirty as all get out. There were times I was just like:

[​IMG]

grimabepraised
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  34. Shoulder

So what you're saying is the moment you walk onstage, there's almost always an applause from the Studio? Hmmm, what does that remind me of?

COV is Cosmo Kramer. CONFIRMED!

[​IMG]
    • LOL LOL x 4
  35. CitizenOfVerona

A bar in town actually has that portrait of Kramer.

I really want to steal it
    • LOL LOL x 3
  36. sjmartin79

sjmartin79 White Phoenix of the Crown

Wanted to share with you guys:

We've set our wedding date! March 24th, 2016
    And here is where we'll be having it:
    [​IMG]

Which is right on the Gulf (opposite site of the way picture is facing)
    [​IMG]

The area is a historic nature preserve. We toured a lot of places and scouted a lot of places online, but this is the only one that truly felt right.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 10
  37. Menashe

Menashe Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You boys are my jam. Always have been. (We seriously need to get more of the female human species in this community.) I haven't been able to totally reveal what's been going in behind the scenes but I'm getting close to making an announcement, so at that time you'll all finally understand "why Menashe's submerged underground over the past few months". I wish I could have spent more time online chatting, which would have definitely been more fun, but I was doing 'stuff' for all of us. And I think you'll all be quite proud where the community is going to 'go' in the next year or two. Big expansions across multiple mediums are in the works and everyone in the community will hopefully have a big part in it.

Ok, fine, I'll share it a little sneak peek: I plan on sending each one of you to a different planet to pollenate the environment with TNE life seeds. Those seeds will take root in the ground and grow into little human-pods which will walk around spreading the message of how awesome we are.

And with that, I retire you old friend. Let the the old CT die in flames and the new CT emerge from the ashes.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 12
  38. FriedShoes

That's exactly how Saya no Uta ends.
    Or, for the less offensive, how Phaaze works in the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
    Either way, I look forward to spreading cosmic horror across the universe.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 4
  39. Mr-Chris

Mr-Chris -TNE's resident Star Fox lover-

inb4newCT
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 2
  40. TheAmazingLSB

41. Shoulder

Since this bitch is still around, I need to mention I dodged a bullet today. (long post ahead)

So on Monday, I was observing a concrete pour at work, specifically a wall and some footing for a wall. So the footing uses a different concrete mix compared to the wall, but most importantly, they have the same 5500psi strength design spec. One big difference though is the Wall mix is air-entrained, while the footing mix is not. Now for those of you, air-entrainment basically is putting air into the concrete itself (creating air bubbles within the concrete), and it helps keep durability during freeze-thaw cycles (they are almost always used for exterior walls), and even helps during its plastic state.

So there were two pours going on at the same time, and the wall was delayed because the forms weren't completely, but trucks were already arriving. At this point, the footing it being poured, in which case I grab my sample and do my tests and make cylinders, but the trucks for the wall are not being used. So the contractor decided to use the trucks for the wall so the trucks don't time out (90min is typically what ASTM standards call for, and at that point, the concrete is not longer in spec). Now it is perfectly ok to use wall mix with AE (air-entrainment), but not the other way around.

I sort of glossed over this because at one point we had five trucks lined up for both pours, and I lost track of them (which quite honestly, is more the contractor's job than mine, but I try to keep the peace). So as trucks for the wall were being used so they don't time out, trucks for the footing start being used for the wall (remember, the foot mix it NOT AE). In the end, two full 9.5 cu. yrd trucks that had footing mix were used for the 50 yrd wall. There were also trucks that did go over 90 min, in which case the contractor said to pour it anyway, which meant I had to sample two more trucks beyond what I normally would (one truck was 2 hours old by the time he fully discharged).

As I tell my boss this, he practically chews me out because I did not communicate with him about what the contractor was doing, and that a non-AE mix was going into an AE wall, which he says you cannot do. This is something I was already aware of, but it completely skipped my mind at the time.

So fast forward to today, my boss then informs me the wall, which is normally AE, does not have air-entrainment in the design spec. Basically, the contractor decided to add in AE (probably because of the type of mix being used) for the wall, even though the design never called for it.

So yeah, we got lucky is what happened. That's not to say the wall would've had to be taken down, but if the situation was what we feared, then the mess would've been on us, which is what we don't want. So yeah, like I said, dodged a bullet.

My boss and I just laughed it off at that point.
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 6
  42. EvilTw1n

EvilTw1n Now with X-Parasites Staff Member Moderator

Been a good time. Go out on your own terms, CT.

[​IMG]
    • LOL LOL x 5
  43. Karkashan

[​IMG]
    Good night (this) CT, may the Pidgeot's sing thee to thy rest.

praisegrima
    • R.A.P. R.A.P. x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.