Atari is bringing back Rollercoaster Tycoon to the console space in the form of two new games, and one of them is for the Nintendo Switch: Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures. It was revealed a few months ago, although the official title hasn’t been given until now.
It turns out that the company is teaming up with publisher Bigben Interactive to distribute the game in Europe and Australia. Exact details for publishing in other markets has not yet been mentioned. According to Atari, Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures “includes all the features of the best Rollercoaster Tycoon games, adapted to make the most of all the possibilities of the console”. It’s set to launch by the end of 2019.
Here’s a rundown of the main features:
• Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in 3 different fun-filled modes –
Adventure, Scenario, and Sandbox.
• Choose your own Adventure: A first for RCT, Adventure Mode’s brand-new Event
System makes every park unique. You’ll have to make tough decisions when
presented with park events, ensuring that every playthrough of Adventure Mode is a
compelling new Tycoon story.
• Thrill Rides: Place 7 types of fully customizable roller coasters in your park –
Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive, and Accelerator. Use the ride cam for
• Intuitive Management System: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools
make RCT Switch the most accessible entry into the RCT franchise, and a perfect fit
for the Switch.
• Personalize your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colors to customize rides, roller
coasters, shops and restaurants.
• Park Terraforming: Modify your land with pre-made path, foliage and river tiles.
• Immersive Environments: Build incredible parks in 4 distinctive locations – Alpine,
Moon, Canyon, and Tropics.
• Attractions Galore: Choose from over 120 wacky rides, restaurants and shops for
your park, from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop, all
featuring advanced shaders and effects.
• Intuitive JoyCon or Touchscreen Controls gives you the freedom to play the way
• Runs at 1080P @ 30FPS docked, and 720P @ 30FPS in handheld mode.
Also, check out the new press release:
Bigben and Atari® Partner to Distribute and Publish New RollerCoaster Tycoon® Adventures for Nintendo Switch(TM) in Europe
- RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures will be released for the 2018 holiday season and will be a completely new game, enjoying all the features of the RollerCoaster Tycoon games with unique aspects for the Nintendo Switch(TM) Console
- The RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise has sold more than 14 million PC-based units and more than 35 million mobile downloads
- The strength of Bigben in distribution will be an asset for the widest possible exposure of the title
- The distribution agreement also covers other titles on consoles
Paris, July 19th, 2018 – Bigben and Atari® announce today their association to distribute in Europe and Australia the new game RollerCoaster Tycoon® Adventures for Nintendo Switch, a title that will be available for the end of the year holidays 2018.
This agreement is fully in line with Atari Games’ strategy to focus on game production and online operations, and to partner with leading partners in the physical distribution of games. Bigben has a large distribution force throughout Europe, with a decisive direct presence in key European territories. Atari will be the Publisher of the game, Bigben can also be co-publisher in some cases.
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures for Nintendo Switch is the new version of this famous amusement park simulation game. Developed by NVizzio, developer of the RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch mobile version, it includes all the features of the best RollerCoaster Tycoon games, adapted to make the most of all the possibilities of this console.
The agreement also targets the physical distribution of other games on consoles, including Rollercoaster Tycoon Joyride®, the version of the game on PlayStation 4 with a virtual reality mode that will also be released in 2018.
Chris Sawyer and Atari have been working together for almost 20 years and this new game illustrates the continuity of their partnership. Since the late 90s, Atari has released many games based on the RollerCoaster Tycoon license. It is one of the world’s best-selling franchises in the history of PC gaming, with more than 14 million units sold. The franchise is also experiencing a strong craze on mobile platforms: RollerCoaster Tycoon 4M, released in April 2014, has exceeded more than 20 million downloads; RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch, released in February 2017, is already more than 15 million downloads. From the first Deluxe Edition to the Expansion Packs, every RollerCoaster Tycoon game has been built around the theme of creating, managing and strategically planning even more daring and fun theme parks.
Having been introduced to video games at the age of 3 via a Nintendo 64, A.K has grown up in the culture. A fan of simulators and racers, with a soft spot for Nintendo! But, he has a great respect for the entire video game world and enjoys watching it all expand as a whole.