We already knew that Moonlighter was set to come to the Nintendo Switch. Today, 11 Bit Studios dropped a new trailer giving us a month (but not yet the day) to mark for the release of the game.
11 Bit Studios is the publisher for Moonlighter, while Digital Sun is the developer. It originally launched on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 29. On Nintendo Switch, the game will be seeing both a physical and digital release.
In Moonlighter, you play as the inheritor of an item shop that’s always been run by the family. You need to keep the shop stocked and afloat, but in order to fund the operation, you’re tasked with diving into dungeons and battling creatures to scour up new goods to sell.
Here’s some more info on the game from its Steam page.
During an archeological excavation – a set of Gates were discovered. People quickly realized that these ancient passages lead to different realms and dimensions. Rynoka, a small commercial village, was found near the excavation site – providing brave and reckless adventurers with treasures beyond measure.
Moonlighter is an action RPG with rogue-lite elements that demonstrates two sides of the coin – revealing everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that secretly dreams of becoming a hero.
- Shopkeeping – While conducting your business in Rynoka village, you can put items on sale, set their price carefully, manage gold reserves, recruit assistants and upgrade the shop. Be careful though – some shady individuals may want to steal your precious wares!
- Meet Villagers – Getting to know Rynoka’s residents and understanding needs of customers is crucial. Some folks may have special quests for you, requesting rare items and offering handsome rewards in return.
- Craft & Enchant – Crafting and enchanting system is essential for the your progression. Interacting with the villagers is the way to craft new armors, weapons and enchant existing equipment. This creates a great deal of flexibility and spices up the way the equipment is used.
- Get the Loot – While visiting other worlds, collect valuable resources, weapons, armors, treasures and peculiar artifacts. Then, manage acquired loot using unique inventory-based abilities.
- Fight with Style – Defeating various enemies and bosses, revel in the challenging and deep combat mechanics. The depth of combat depends on the interactions between weapons, abilities, enemies and secondary effects of items. Feel comfortable developing your own battling style.
- Open the Gates – Gates lead to different worlds. Each run is unique and forces you to take some smart decisions. You never know what you will encounter next – that’s why you have to be prepared for everything.
I’m a writer, voice actor, and 3D artist living la vida loca in New York City.
I’m into a pretty wide variety of games, and shows, and films, and music, and comics and anime. Anime and video games are my biggest vice, though, so feel free to talk to me about those.
Bury me with my money.