Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, albeit a hot title on Nintendo Switch, is not one that runs particularly well on the hybrid system. It looks fine and runs smoothly at 30 FPS, but long loading times are a problem widely reported by users on the platform. The next update, bumping Crash Team Racing to version 1.05, will fix these issues by utilizing the Switch’s Boost Mode. “Improved load times” is what the official update reads. Here’s that and the other general improvements version 1.05 will introduce, according to Activision.
- Loading time improvements on all platforms
- Stability fixes when playing online
- Adjustment to track selection frequency when choosing tracks in online matchmaking lobbies
- Fix for various track lap exploits
- Adjustment of global cooldown for power-ups on all players (prevent timeclock/warp orb spamming)
- Fix to lobbies not repopulating properly after player quits
- Fix to position shuffling and rewards at race end
- Various other issues
- Improvements to loading times using Boost Mode
The game launched last month but has already seen massive success in just about every region it’s released in, excluding the US, that is. While Crash Team Racing was the top seller in the UK in its opening week, it never managed to snag the top position in the sales charts in the US. That said, it’s undoubtedly been somewhat of a big seller here in the states.
Have you noticed lengthy loading times while playing the Switch version of Crash Team Racing? Let us know down in the comments section.
Related article: Datamine reveals tons of new Crash Team Racing characters
Here at Nintendo Enthusiast, we are covering the latest Nintendo titles in written and video format. If you’re more interested in video content you can check out our official YouTube channel here. We’re constantly putting out interesting features and opinion pieces that may interest you. Head over to our home screen and see if anything catches your eye.