In March, WayForward revealed that Shantae 5 was already on the way, expected to launch later this year. Very little details were shared since, aside from it coming to a wide range of platforms and featuring an animated intro by Studio TRIGGER. Earlier today, WayForward made a big splash in finally showing off more of what’s in store in the now titled Shantae and the Seven Sirens.
Fusion Magic brings new transformations
Shantae’s next adventure sees her and friends retreat to a tropical island, featuring other Half-Genies like herself. However, things are not what they seem in this deceptive island paradise, with Risky Boots likely up to her old tricks. Gameplay-wise, Seven Sirens combines the gorgeous art direction of Half-Genie Hero with the non-linear dungeons from previous titles. Shantae will also have new dance transformations, a new skill called “Fusion Magic,” and collectible monster cards that enhance her powers.
The website listed the following Key Features:
- Explore an interconnected world using new Fusion Magic creature transformations, including a newt and other aquatic forms!
- 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals (on 4K devices only)!
- All-new characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots!
- Collect and power up with monster cards!
- Enjoy minigames, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!
Unfortunately, we don’t have a definitive release date or price point for the game. At the time of writing, Shantae and the Seven Sirens’ release date has changed to “TBD,” but hopefully we won’t have to wait too long. Whatever the case, at least we’ll have River City Girls to tide us over in the meantime!
The game is currently slated for release on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and the upcoming Apple Arcade. Are you looking forward to Seven Sirens? What kind of new Half-Genies are you hoping to see? Will that foxy Grandma Blobfish make a comeback? Let us know what you think in the comments!