Castle Crashers is one of the most beloved indie games of all time. Nintendo Switch is the perfect way to play indies at home or on the go. It’s a match made in heaven, and it’s finally happening! Developer The Behemoth revealed they’d be bringing their classic beat’em up to Switch earlier this year, but they gave no release date at the time. They’ve been largely silent since then, but that changed today! An exciting new trailer just dropped, and it revealed that the remastered game will hit Switch on September 17.
That’s less than three weeks away! However, PlayStation 4 players will have to wait for a little while longer. You’ll be cooperating and competing with your fellow Castle Crashers in no time! Until then, you can stay hyped by checking out the Switch release date trailer below.
Castle Crashers: Switch release date trailer
The Behemoth gave additional details about the Castle Crashers launch in an accompanying blog post. It confirms that the Switch version (as well as the PlayStation 4 version) will sell for $14.99 at launch. It will make use of the HD Rumble feature of the Nintendo hybrid console. As this is the remastered version of the game, it has features that weren’t in the original 2008 launch. These features include:
- The fast-paced and frantic mini-game “Back Off Barbarian” that you can play by yourself or with your friends
- Texture sizes are five times greater than the original game, which means the game is five times more beautiful
- 60 frames per second gameplay! (The original ran at 30FPS which is not nearly as smooth)
- All previously released downloadable content including characters, weapons, and animal orbs will be available to unlock in-game
- Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer