Cubixx is nearly a decade old already, but you would be forgiven if you’ve never heard of it. The game by Laughing Jackal has appeared in basic or HD forms on Sony PSP, Vita, PlayStation 3, and PC, and now it’s headed to Nintendo Switch courtesy of Ghostlight. The gameplay, unsurprisingly, involves a cube, except you’re shooting it with a laser and various other shapes appear on the faces of the cube. The object is apparently to not crash into all the other stuff, and it’s inspired by classic ’80s arcade games. Check out the announcement trailer.
Cubixx will have a substantial offering of features:
* 50-level Arcade mode featuring deadly enemies and game-changing environmental hazards.
* Awesome “Challenges” mode featuring 50 unique challenges that will test your Cubixx mastery to the limit! Chase high scores, beat speed runs, kill all enemies and much, MUCH more. Can you unlock all platinum grades?
* 150 high score tables across 3 ‘Attack’ modes: Score Attack, Line Attack & Time Attack!
* All game modes are playable in 2-4 player co-op.
* Frantic 2-4 player Deathmatch across 10 stages! Cut out your ‘frenemies’ and claim the best post-match titles for bragging rights!
The game looks fun enough in its intended classic way, and the PlayStation 3 version earned respectable scores back in the day. Keep an eye out for Cubixx when it releases on Oct. 3.
And if you’re hungry for more Switch puzzling, don’t forget Puzzle & Dragons GOLD is in the works as well.