Announced today at IGN’s (so-so) Summer of Gaming, Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is coming to Nintendo Switch, Steam, and vague Xbox and PlayStation platforms in Q1 2021. This title comes from publisher Merge Games and developer Jankenteam. It is a remake of Alex Kidd in Miracle World on Sega Master System, which came out before I was born in 1986. This title reimagines all the original levels with beautiful modern visuals while adding new levels for good measure.
For good measure, at any given moment you can activate Retro Mode, which lets you play the game with its original graphics. There is also a Boss Rush mode now because, again, why not?
To summarize per Steam, you can expect the following features:
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original and feature new enemy types and vehicles
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions the same as the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!
Are you excited for new to meet old with Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX? Tell us if you think Jankenteam and Merge Games are on the right track here with this remake of Sega’s baby.