The latest Animal Crossing New: New Horizons update is here and addresses issues that came about through previous updates. It arrives shortly after the pair of summer update drops, which brought new content to Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Whilst update 1.42 doesn’t bring any fresh content, it does fix some annoying issues.
The fixes range from visual glitches to full-on game crashes, and the patch notes are as follows:
- Fixed issue where the “sumo ring” would not display properly.
- Fixed issue where the game would shut down under certain conditions when dreaming.
- Fixed issue where shining soil would improperly appear behind buildings and other places.
- Fixed issue where specific message cards sent from animal residents the player is close friends with would not arrive in the player’s mailbox as intended.
- Changed the MTU when playing with others from 1364 to 1240 in order to investigate an issue where players cannot play with others in certain network environments.
If any of these problems occurred in your recent time playing New Horizons, it might be worth another look. Hopefully these issues have been successfully addressed in update 1.42. The next major content update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons is likely to be for a Halloween event. The spooky affair was briefly teased in the summer update trailers.