Do you know what this summer has really been missing? That’s right, a big celebration for Bidoof! I can’t believe we’ve been slacking on that for so long! Fortunately, The Pokémon Company is here to make things right. They’ve just announced via Twitter that July 1 is officially a new holiday: Bidoof Day! The “Plump Mouse Pokémon” (no seriously) will be the center of attention this Thursday, though we’re not quite sure what to expect.
Introducing Bidoof Day
The official Pokémon account promises “a day of Bidoofery” which sounds like a fun time. Additionally, the various Pokémon social channels will share other updates about the celebration throughout the week. I’m expecting some sort of livestream event for Bidoof Day itself, but that isn’t confirmed. Pokémon GO recently added a Bidoof event that includes special attacks and Shiny Pokémon, so perhaps we’ll hear more on that front. Other Pokémon, such as Slowpoke, have received songs and music videos in the past. I’d be down for a Bidoof video.
Of course, Bidoof Day could also be a sly way for Game Freak to reveal some new details about Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shiny Pearl. Bidoof made its debut in the original Diamond and Pearl, after all. That said, Bidoof wasn’t exactly central to the plot of those games. Whatever the new holiday brings, we’ll be covering it live here at Nintendo Enthusiast.
Update: Niantic has announced even more Bidoof goodness for Bidoof Day. Here’s what you can look forward to from them on July 1:
- Features that are available throughout the Bidoof Breakout event will be available on Bidoof Day.
- Bidoof will be appearing in the wild at an incredibly high rate! Bidoof will also be the only Pokémon you can challenge in one-star, three-star, and even five-star Raid Battles! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Bidoof! Mega Raids will not be available during this time.
- Bidoof caught during this time will know Superpower, and you’ll be able to use a Charged TM during the event to teach Bidoof Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, or Thunderbolt. After the event, you can use an Elite Charged TM to teach Bidoof Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Superpower, or Thunderbolt.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will have Shadow Bidoof on their teams more often. Get out there and save those Bidoof!
- The Bidoof Cup will be available in the GO Battle League throughout the day! Only Bidoof will be eligible in this cup, and teams of only Bidoof will be allowed. The Master League, the Master League Classic, and the Element Cup will still be available during this time.
- Complete a free event-exclusive Special Research story for special rewards! This will be the first Special Research in which you’ll make choices that’ll affect the research’s story and some parts of your event experience!
- Complete the research to earn an exclusive Bidoof Hat avatar item.