Limited Run Games is partnering with developer Inti Creates to publish a Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 physical edition for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, with preorders beginning Friday, Feb. 26 at 10 a.m. ET. There is both a standard edition for $29.99 and a “Limited Classic Edition” for $59.99. The preorder period will span until Sunday, March 28 at 11:59 p.m. ET, and there will be no limit on how many copies may be purchased.
Alongside a Standard Edition, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 is getting a Classic Edition featuring the game, a reversible poster, CD soundtrack, and retro dust sleeve in an NES-style box with art by Tom duBois! Pre-orders open February 26 at 10a ET on https://t.co/5Lksol4sqo. pic.twitter.com/wlLTkbVVDw
— Limited Run Games (@LimitedRunGames) February 15, 2021
In addition to of course including the physical game on cartridge, Limited Run’s Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 Limited Classic Edition will include the following retro-friendly extras:
- Classic Edition NES Style Box with all new art from legendary Konami cover artist, Tom duBois. Accurately sized to match the original NES box dimensions with accurate metallic silver ink to match classic Konami packaging.
- Removable slipcover featuring Nintendo Switch branding.
- Reversible 18″ X 24″ Poster.
- Original Soundtrack on Physical CD.
- Retro Style Dust Sleeve that fits a Nintendo Switch case.
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 originally released in July 2020, and we thought it was terrific in our review, being a powerful continuation of all the elements present in the original. Castlevania may be on ice, but Koji Igarashi is keeping both versions of that franchise alive through spiritual successors — the old-school version with Inti Creates and Curse of the Moon and the Metroidvania version with ArtPlay and Ritual of the Night.