I literally cannot believe what just happened. During today’s Nintendo Direct, Square Enix, out of nowhere, had a reveal for Actraiser Renaissance. A remaster of the SNES platformer/city-building simulation, the game has just hit the Switch eShop for $29.99. My inner child is literally weeping with joy.
The Actraiser Renaissance reveal was the last thing I ever expected
Take a look at the interesting hybrid gameplay below:
There isn’t another game quite like Actraiser, so to see it get another shot in the limelight is perfect.
Here are the features you can expect, should you download the title:
- Beautifully remastered HD graphics including the characters, map, monsters and battle backgrounds and effects
- Newly designed city-building simulation segments, including a new region and developmental stages for cities
- Players can harness new magic, including the ability to cast fire, ice, and other magical elements, in 2D action stages
- Players can dodge, attack and slash with upward and downward motions, for a more dynamic action experience
- New real-time strategy “Settlement Siege” feature
- Remastered original soundtrack with 15 new music tracks
- Ability to toggle between the original soundtrack and newly remastered soundtrack from the original composer, Yuzo Koshiro
- New auto-save and difficulty settings feature
It’s the 30th anniversary of the original game’s release. To celebrate, anyone that downloads the remaster through the eShop will receive a wallpaper and a mini soundtrack consisting of five in-game songs. You can pick it up right here.
Enthusiasts, were you as shocked as I was to see the Actraiser Renaissance reveal? Let us know how the news affected you below.