Today’s Pokémon Presents gave us a good few reasons to get excited for the future of the series. Up for launch April, New Pokémon Snap looks like a delightfully cozy romp, and the addition of a photo editor can only mean we’ll be snapping and sharing pictures of our favourite monsters for hours on end. Sinnoh remakes were finally confirmed in the form of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, set to release later this year. On top of that, we also got a feudal-inspired journey through Sinnoh’s past in the form of Pokémon Legends: Arceus. While the future certainly looks bright, there are still plenty of reasons to celebrate Pokémon’s 25th anniversary in the present, with a number of events going live in the games!
Silver Anniversary Specials
First up, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield actually have a trio of special events. From now until February 28 at 4pm Pacific, players can participate in special Dynamax Raids in hopes of capturing the absolute unit that is Gigantamax Pikachu. The adorable series mascot is also the subject of a Mystery Gift giveaway; punch in the password P25MUS1C before March 21 and you’ll receive a Pikachu that knows the move Sing. On a related note, a Shiny Toxtricity is also up for grabs at GameStop in the US via Pokémon Pass, and EBGames in Canada. That giveaway ties in with the new “Shining Fates” trading cards, and is available until March 19.
A Champion Time
On top of Sword and Shield, the Pokémon mobile games are also getting in on the party! As for the finer details:
- Pokémon Café Mix:
- A login bonus of 2500 Golden Acorns is available until February 28 at 10pm Pacific.
- Pokémon Go:
- The ongoing “Kanto Celebration Event,” ending tomorrow at 8pm local time, features a higher concentration of Kanto Pokémon in the wild and special timed research.
- Legendary Raid Battles starring Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo remain available until March 1, 8am local time.
- Pokémon Masters EX:
- 3000 gems have been sent to player’s Present Box to celebrate the game’s one-and-a-half year.
- A Champion Time Rally can net players up to 10,000 gems through login bonuses.
- Champion Leon & Charizard, as well as Marnie & Morpeko, are available as new Sync Pair Scouts.
- The Champion Time story event is now live, available until March 17 at 10pm Pacific.
It’s plenty nice to look ahead and see what’s next in the world of Pokémon, but there are still reasons to celebrate the series’ 25th in the here and now. Which of these events might you take advantage of in your favorite games? Let us know in the comments.
Source: The Pokémon Company