Today’s contest features Switch copies of top-down shooter Ritual: Crown of Horns!
Did someone say “weird?” Y’all know I can’t resist weird. The second things get a little outside the ordinary, I go from zero to sixty-nine instantly. INSTANTLY.
In this one, they said screw the Wild West — we’re going to the Weird West. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. Top-down shooter Ritual: Crowns of Horns just launched for Nintendo Switch, and we’ve got some keys up for grabs. So, come grab it!
Ritual: Crown of Horns
I actually really love the description of this one from the presser, so read that so I don’t have to butcher it all up.
It’s 18XX. You were a lawman on a mission to track down a dangerous witch. Upon reaching your goal, you found yourself in a fatal ambush prepared by horned beast-like men. Your death was probably just collateral damage, quickly brushed under the carpet. Now, brought back from beyond the grave by the dark magic of the witch you were supposed to take out, you find yourself in a forced alliance against a common enemy.
Understand the powers responsible for your misery and get rid of them once and for all. Make friends and enemies along the way. Traverse the entire United States of America to exorcise its demons. Ritual: Crown of Horns is a game about wrecking havoc on history, seeing through false narratives and embracing your inner monster.
- A unique auto-aiming system that distinctly sets itself apart from your average twin-stick shooters: instead of spraying and praying, you are an elite gunslinger who makes every shot count.
- A satisfying arsenal: shotguns, six-shooters, rifles, crossbows, and a few surprises that are a little less era-appropriate.
- Outrageous enemies: brainwashed cultists, supernatural legendary creatures, bizarre murderous contraptions – you name it.
- Gear: mysterious capes, hoods and amulets that you can customize and get powerful buffs for your character.
- Creative spells and power-ups that can violently alter the way you approach each combat encounter.
- Plenty of insane levels for you to master, each complete with unique challenges tailored to push the combat system to its limits.
- A unique gothic-horror-meets-weird-western artstyle.
I love this kind of goofy, fun stuff. Now you can, too!
To enter to win your copy, use the widget below to leave your name and email address. You can enter daily. For bonus entries, follow NE and developer Draw Distance on Twitter, and share our contest post with your friends.
While you’re waiting, comment below telling us a feature of the Weird West. Like, cacti are shaped like hot dogs and tumbleweeds are sentient and guns only shoot creamed corn. That sort of thing. Get weird for me, kids.
We’ve got two Switch copies to give away; the keys are for North American eShop accounts, only. Winners will be drawn Wednesday, November 13.
Ritual: Crown of Horns is available now for Nintendo Switch.