Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King is the official name for the HD remasters of the two games leaked yesterday at a GameStop Managers Conference. It will release on Oct. 29 physically for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The announcement video reveals a buttload of extra features that seem to make this quite a value.
Here is a quick rundown of special features Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King has to offer:
- Play in 1080P, along with screen filters and other display options
- Classic soundtracks to listen to in a menu
- Watch Mode: Apparently you can skip to any part of a game if you have a favorite part or if a given section is just too hard to play yourself.
- Rewind: If you screw up, you can instantly undo it.
- Museum: You can look at classic behind-the-scenes art and video.
As for the actual list of games you get to play in the game, even that is surprising and impressive (per IGN):
- Disney’s Aladdin – Sega Genesis
- Disney’s Aladdin – Game Boy (includes Super Game Boy version)
- Disney’s Aladdin Final Cut – It is unknown what exactly this is.
- Disney’s Aladdin Trade Show Demo – This is a version of the game only used at a trade show, apparently not seen since 1993.
- The Lion King – Sega Genesis
- The Lion King – Super Nintendo
- The Lion King – Game Boy (includes Super Game Boy version)
So, yeah, like I said — surprising and impressive! Let us know how you’re feeling about Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King now that its awesome hand of cards is fully spread on the table. The game will retail for $29.99, and it is currently available for preorder at Best Buy.