Sports RPG Dodgeball Academia is coming out on Switch shortly, with an August 5 release date that was just confirmed by Humble Games and Pocket Trap. Check out the newly released “lore trailer” below, courtesy of Humble Games, to get a better feel for how the game looks and plays, and read on for a few notes on Dodgeball Academia‘s design and systems.
In a world where dodgeball is life, you join Otto at the academy and train to become the ultimate dodgeball champion. Across eight episodes, you’ll forge friendships and create rivals, all in the name of developing the best dodgeball team.
Level up Otto and develop a dynamic team across a vast and customizable party progression system. All the while, explore the vast Dodgeball Academia and uncover the long hidden truths that reside within the very walls you live, learn, and dominate in.
– Explore and uncover the secrets of the Dodgeball Academia across its vast, diverse, and full of life campus
– Journey through a full-blown RPG story mode; complete with episodes, main quests, side quests, and school minigames
– Unlock and upgrade unique characters, diversifying your dodgeball team through an RPG style character and party progression
– Engage in action-packed dodgeball matches featuring a unique fighting game style that will put you up against challenging enemies and bosses
– Duke it out with a friend locally in a competitive local versus mode
With a unique art style and action-packed dodgeball gameplay, Dodgeball Academia has the potential to be a sleeper indie hit. Are you interested in picking it up on Switch? Let us know in the comments below.