Bandai Namco just announced one of the more unexpected DBZ games you’ll ever see with Dragon Ball: The Breakers, an asymmetrical survival action game. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 developer Dimps is making the game for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC with a release set for 2022.
It is essentially like the 4vs1 multiplayer action survival horror game Dead by Daylight, but with Cell, Buu, and Frieza as the “Raiders” who attempt to go after the seven ordinary citizens called Survivors” to make it a 7vs1 survival game.
Check out more details and key features from Bandai Namco [via Gematsu]:
About Dragon Ball: The Breakers
Survive to live. Evolve to triumph.
Caught in by an unexpected temporal phenomenon, seven ordinary citizens find themselves stranded in a Temporal Seam: they share their imprisonment with the Raider, a menacing enemy from another timeline with an overwhelming power.
Their only hope for survival is to break out from the Temporal Seam with the Super Time Machine, but the Raider is on their tracks and becomes stronger minutes-by-minutes.
In a race against time the cunning of Survivors clashes with the power of the Raider, to break free or be broken..
Break Through or Break Down.
- Escape as a Team… Or on Your Own! – Cooperate with others while there is still time, but the Raider or other Survivors’ decision might force you to go at it alone. What will be your playstyle?
- Trapped in a Temporal Seam – Escape from a large map composed of several areas, but be careful! The Raider is always looking for you and may destroy areas to reduce your living space, making your chance of escaping always more limited…
- Enjoy Three First Iconic Raiders… Cell, Buu, and Frieza! – From the Dragon Ball franchise—As a Raider you will enjoy overwhelming powers to hunt and wipe out survivors. Master each Raider’s power to track, catch your victims to evolve and get even more powerful!
- Customize in Your Likeness – Whether you are a Raider or a Survivor, choose your progression path and unlock perks, skins, etc. to fine tune your own personal strategy to escape as a Survivor, or hunt as a Raider…
- Enjoy Unique Power-Ups and Items – Vehicles, weapons, grappling hooks… make the most of each gimmick to face against the Raider and struggle for your life!
Watch the announcement trailer for the new Dragon Ball survival action game below:
Dragon Ball: The Breakers will be released for the Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC in 2022. Bandai Namco will share more details about closed beta test registrations soon.