If you prefer to own all your major game releases physically and thus spurned Nintendo’s big Summer Game Sale, now might be your chance to pounce. Through July 11, there’s a GameStop sale on Nintendo Switch games, including both third-party releases and first-party Nintendo releases, and some of these prices are quite decent. First-party titles New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Maker 2, Mario Tennis Aces, and Yoshi’s Crafted World are all on sale for $39.99 instead of the usual $59.99. Additionally, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is only $19.99, down from $59.99. (Though honestly, that game goes on sale constantly.)
Here are some highlights of the third-party offerings on sale in the GameStop sale, but there are more where this came from:
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered: $19.99 from $39.99
- Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection: $19.99 from $39.99
- BioShock: The Collection: $39.99 from $49.99
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: $29.99 from $39.99
- Darksiders Genesis: $19.99 from $29.99
- Metro Redux: $34.99 from $49.99
- Saints Row IV: Re-Elected: $24.99 from $39.99
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy: $29.99 from $39.99
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: $49.99 from $59.99
Nintendo Switch is in the midst of a bizarre pricing golden age where major games are regularly going on sale, and this GameStop sale is only the latest. To me in particular, Darksiders Genesis for twenty bucks is pretty enticing, except that I already have a hundred other games to play. Alas, first-world problems.
Let’s enjoy this while we can, since the next generation of games is likely going to up its prices to $69.99.