Nintendo shared the latest download rankings that show the top 20 Nintendo Switch games that sold the most on the Japanese eShop in April 2021.
At the #1 spot, we have Monster Hunter Rise, which was released around the end of March. While it comes as no surprise that a Monster Hunter game would take the top spot in Japan, Rise was a key driver in global sales that helped Capcom hit a fourth consecutive year of record-high profits. New Pokémon Snap took the crown in the UK charts earlier this month, but it comes in at #2 in Japan’s monthly Switch eShop download rankings. Among Us remains a fan-favorite in Japan and ranked #3, but the real surprise is SaGa Frontier Remastered reaching #4 in the charts. Keep in mind that the remaster was released on April 15, so it only got half the time.
Check out the top 20 list of most downloaded Switch eShop games in Japan for April 2021 below:
Top 20 Nintendo Switch eShop games of Japan in April 2021
- Monster Hunter Rise
- New Pokemon Snap
- Among Us
- SaGa Frontier Remastered
- Super Noda Game PARTY
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban!
- Minna de Kuuki Yomi 3
- Human: Fall Flat
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
- Good Job!
- Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise
- Livestream: Escape from Hotel Izanami
- Overcooked! Special Edition
- Overcooked! 2
- Splatoon 2