Nintendo updated its download rankings to show the top 20 Nintendo Switch games that sold the most on the Japan eShop in May 2021.
Monster Hunter Rise charted at #1 for a third month straight since its launch in March. At #2, we have Rune Factory 5, which debuted in Japan on May 20 and impressively took the top spot from Monster Hunter Rise for a few days. Even more impressive is that Rune Factory 5 finished in second place with only 11 days remaining in May. At #3, it was last month’s #2 in New Pokémon Snap, followed by Among Us at #4 and Miitopia, another recent release, at #5 for May 2021.
Here is the list of the top 20 most downloaded Nintendo Switch eShop games in Japan for May 2021:
Top 20 Nintendo Switch eShop games of Japan in May 2021
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Rune Factory 5
- New Pokemon Snap
- Among Us
- Super Noda Game PARTY
- Human: Fall Flat
- Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban!
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Dragon Quest XI
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
- Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zen’in Shugo!
- Super Mario Party
- Terra Tech