Developer Jin Wave Studio has announced that its “social deduction fantasy thriller turn-based RPG” Jin Conception will launch on Nintendo Switch and PC with a release date of May 12, 2021. The game was built with SFML and began development in July 2019, so this is a relatively quick turnaround. Jin Conception contains eight playable characters, but since this is a social deduction game, you can’t just trust everyone. What happens is “three characters enter Final Layer and two vanish without a trace. One returns back from Final Layer but claims to not remember what happened. Who do you trust? Who is telling the truth and who is lying?”
Jin Conception will offer the following features on Switch and PC:
- Strategic turn-based combat involving balance
- Battles happen on the same field as movement, no switching screens when combat starts.
- Affliction and buff system, for example, players cannot run away if they have stuck affliction
- Double and triple Jin techs allow party members to combine attacks with each other to form stronger attacks.
- Traps can be set in combat for strategic purposes such as delaying an attack for later.
- There is more than one ending.
- The foe or foes can change.
I still don’t completely understand what the game is, but the visual style of the pixel art sure is striking in places and the song in the new trailer sure is nice. Are you intrigued for Jin Conception as its May release date nears?