Level-5 has announced that Layton’s Mystery Journey is getting another updated version for the Nintendo Switch this July in Japan. Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy Deluxe Edition Plus is the full title.
The first Deluxe Edition was an upgraded Switch version based on the 3DS and smartphone versions of Layton’s Mystery Journey. However, the main attraction for the new version is that it will include voice actors from the Layton’s Mystery Journey anime.
Players will get the option to switch between the original voices and the anime voices at any time. Here are the voice actors for both versions:
- Katrielle Layton (Original: Kasumi Arimura | Anime: Kana Hanazawa)
- Sherl (Original: Koji Yakusho | Anime: Jurota Kosugi)
- Geraldine Royer (Original: Meisa Kuroki | Anime: Hibiku Yamamura)
- Noah Montol (Original: Kentaro Sakaguchi | Anime: Kyosuke Ikeda)
- Darjeeling Aspoirot (Original: Hajime Inoue | Anime: Yohei Tadano)
Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy Deluxe Edition Plus launches in Japan on July 8, 2021. It will be available at retailers across Japan for 4,950 yen (~$45.59). Those who own the original Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy Deluxe Edition on Switch will also get to upgrade to the Plus version via paid DLC. The original game launched worldwide in July 2017 for the Nintendo 3DS and smartphones.