Little Nightmares II launches on Nintendo Switch early next year, and Bandai Namco has a slate of different editions and bonuses for us to mull over. These are available at various different stores and from multiple regions, so not all options will be present for everyone. First off: the preorder bonuses.
Players who preorder Little Nightmares II at retail will receive the Tekken-inspired Mokujin Mask headgear for protagonist Mono, a mask carved from a 2,000-year-old tree. The mask charm is purely cosmetic, giving Mono a different look. Bandai Namco says the mask’s power won’t protect the protagonist from the “horrors that await him” in Little Nightmares II. This bonus should be available at all major retailers in the US once preorders go live. In the UK, GAME has confirmed the bonus.
If you’re in Europe, Bandai Namco has an exclusive edition for that region. The TV Edition comes bundled with a whole host of physical and digital extras for a premium version of Little Nightmares II at retail, though pricing was not divulged. The full contents list is as follows:
- Collector’s TV Box
- Escape Diorama
- Highly detailed figurine of Mono & Six traveling through the TVs
- Little Nightmares II‘s Original Soundtrack
- The full soundtrack on CD and digital download, composed by Tobias Lilja from Tarsier Studios
- Artbook – The Art of Little Nightmares II
- The making of Little Nightmares II 56-page artbook full of sketches, artwork and design decision by the Tarsier Studios art team
- Collectible Steelbook
- Exclusive Little Nightmares II Stickers
- Access to the Nomes’ secret room
- Follow the Nomes to find a special in-game puzzle and unlock the Nomes’ hat as a reward upon completion
- CD & Digital Soundtrack
- Digital Artbook
- Digital Wallpapers and Avatars
As of now, no special editions are confirmed for North America. Because the TV Edition in Europe contains extra in-game content, you’d assume there will be a way to play that in America come launch. Hopefully, Bandai Namco addresses this soon.
Little Nightmares II launches Feb. 11, 2021 on Nintendo Switch.