Mario Golf: Super Rush is headed to Nintendo Switch in just over a month! The latest golfing adventure from Mario and friends has a nice balance between traditional modes and exciting new features. A new overview trailer just dropped, and it gives us a great look at Speed Golf, Battle Golf, Adventure Golf, and more! It also revealed the full roster, which includes 16 playable characters. You can check it all out below!
Mario Golf: Super Rush overview trailer
A variety of modes and features
- Speed Golf: In the new fast-paced mode Speed Golf, players tee off in unison and race through the course to sink the ball as fast as possible. It’s important to avoid the course’s various hazards and collect items that regain stamina while sprinting to the ball. Players can also use Special Dashes and Shots to swing victory in their favor.
- Battle Golf: In Battle Golf – a more strategic variation of Speed Golf – nine holes are in play at the same time. The first player to score three of the nine holes claims the victory, so it’s key to stay ahead of opponents or risk losing out.
- Standard Golf: In Standard Golf, every stroke counts and the lowest score wins.
- Golf Adventure: Solo players can go from rookie to pro when enrolling their Mii character at a country club in Golf Adventure. While interacting with familiar Mushroom Kingdom characters, they can learn how to play and take on a variety of challenges. Gaining experience makes it possible to level up the character, which can then be used in multiplayer modes.
- Simple controls: Simple button controls make it easy for new players and seasoned pros alike. It’s as simple as taking aim, choosing the shot strength and sending the ball flying. Additionally, it’s possible to use motion controls by holding a Joy-Con controller like a golf club.
- Useful tools: Curving a shot is an effective technique to avoid hazards, and putting spin on the ball affects how it rolls after landing. Several features are on hand to help conquer the course, including a shot gauge that adapts to the angle of the slope and a scan that makes it easier to read the terrain.
- Tee off with family, friends and familiar faces: Players can choose from a cast of 16 characters from the Super Mario series, each featuring different strengths and equipped with their own unique special moves. Pauline, Chargin’ Chuck and King Bob-omb will make their first appearance in the series. Players can hit the fairway with up to three others, both locally and online, in different modes.
- Lavish locations: From standard courses to courses with special hazards, every round of golf is different. There is a variety of six locations to choose from.
The full roster
The new overview trailer showed off the full Mario Golf: Super Rush roster decked out in their best golfing attire. Each playable character will have their own unique balance of traits like Power and Control. Additionally, every character has a Special Shot ability, most of which were revealed today. You can check out the list below.
- King Bob-omb: Spawns Bombs in a landing zone
- Peach: ???
- Wario: Generates lightning interference
- Mario: Blasts away balls on impact
- Bowser: Blasts away balls on impact
- Luigi: Freezes ground on impact
- Waluigi: ???
- Daisy: Blasts away balls on impact
- Donkey Kong: ???
- Toad: Blasts away balls on impact
- Pauline: Blasts away balls in its path
- Yoshi: Turns balls into eggs on impact
- Rosalina: Turns balls into Star Bits on impact
- Bowser Jr.: ???
- Chargin’ Chuck: Blasts away balls in its path
- Boo: Haunts balls on impact