During today’s Monster Hunter Digital Event for May 2021, Capcom showcased what’s coming to Monster Hunter Rise in the 3.0 update. Key highlights include the addition of Crimson Glow Valstrax and Apex Zinogre as new monsters to Monster Hunter Rise. The 3.0 update will also add a new ending that shows what happens after the main game.
Here are the added story elements:
- New monsters will appear in Hub quests.
- New monsters will appear in the Rampage.
- New quests will be available.
- A new combat locale will be available.
- New weapon trees, armor, and layered armor will be available.
- New skills and Rampage Skills will be available.
- You can change the appearance of Rampage weapons using certain materials.
- Note: The above items will be unlocked when certain conditions are met.
And here are the added system elements:
- New Guild Card awards will be available.
- New DLC can be purchased from Nintendo eShop.
Capcom shared a roadmap for the upcoming Monster Hunter Rise free title updates going into August 2021, including Crimson Glow Valstrax and Apex Zinogre. A collaboration with Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin will kick off in mid-June as part of the first Capcom collaboration. The “Capcom Collab 2” and “Capcom Collab 3” will arrive in July and August.
You can read the full patch notes for Ver. 3.0.0 online. You can also check out the Monster Hunter Rise update version 3.0 trailer below:
Monster Hunter Rise is available for the Nintendo Switch and will release for PC in early 2022. While waiting for the Ver. 3.0 update, you can check out the latest Event Quest to score a fresh pair of Cunning Specs.