As GungHo Online Entertainment announced on its Ninjala 1st Anniversary Celebration Stream tonight, a Ninjala x Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba collaboration is on the way as part of Season 6. Demon Slayer is the hottest anime property on Earth right now, having released a film internationally this year that has grossed upward of half a billion dollars in total, so it’s a pretty big get for Ninjala moving into its second year. However, there is plenty more content where that came from in Ninjala Season 6, which spans June 17 through Sept. 9.
Ninjala Season 6 and Ninjala x Demon Slayer
Firstly, season 6 introduces Sphinx Valley, “a desert guarded by Set-Drones which grant special abilities when defeated,” as well as new weapons Extreme Motor and DJ Scratch, which are yo-yos for close combat. There is also a new Shinobi Card, and you can “max out your S-Energy Gauge with Last Spurt, which will not deplete towards the end of a match.” Plus, the Shinobi Shop will combine the Select Shop and Trend Shop. And the Ninjala Pass Mini will provide a budget pass for 300 Jala.
Everyone who logs into Ninjala between June 25 and July 7 will receive 1,000 Jala for free, and until July 6, Story Pack: Chapter 1 & 2 will be on sale for just $0.99. Then on July 17, the Ninjala 1st Anniversary Cup will be open to all regions, with players collecting points in an effort to finish in the top four players to win a unique IPPON Decoration and Emote. Other collectibles will be offered as well, and everyone will receive a sticker for playing.
Lastly, July 19 – Aug. 30, the Ninjala x Demon Slayer content will be unleashed as the capstone of Season 6, all of which you can find below:
- Avatar Outfits: dress up as Tanjiro Kamado, Nezuko Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma, Kyojuro Rengoku, Muzan Kibutsuji, and more
- Ninja-Gums: slice through your opponents like Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Rengoku, and other members of the Demon Slayer Corps with these weapon skins
- Emotes: express yourself in style with First Form: Water Surface Slash, First Form: Thunderclap and Flash, Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun, and more
- Gum Utsusemi: morph into Tanjiro, Nezuko, Giyu, Rengoku, Muzan, and more
- Tournament: sharpen your skills for this special Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba competition that rewards players with special IPPON Decorations, Emotes, and Ninja-Gum
Once Ninjala x Demon Slayer wraps up, it’s just about time for Season 7, which will introduce a new Featured Battle, eight-player battle royale Last Ninja Standing. It will also introduce the Visual Lobby beta, a space where even more than eight players can just hang out and show off costumes and emotes, etc. in a no-battle environment. Ninjala is marching full steam ahead past this 1st anniversary.
For more cool GungHo news, check out the huge Volta-X Metaverse Update, which adds an excellent new offline mode to the game.