The Switch certainly had a lot of goodies for the eShop over the past couple of days. Earlier this week, fan-favorite indie games Superhot and Hotline Miami Collection launched immediately after the Indie World showcase. Next, just yesterday at Gamescom, Square Enix dropped a surprisingly beefy demo for the upcoming Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition. Of course, we also got new NES Online titles yesterday in the form of Kung-Fu Heroes and Vice Project Doom.
All of that said, there is still a ton more ground to cover with new arcade classics joining this week’s lineup of Nintendo Downloads as well!
For your convenience, here’s the list for some of the new releases available on the eShop:
Nintendo Download, Aug. 22, 2019: Feeling Super Hot!
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- SUPERHOT – Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, the SUPERHOT game is the FPS in which time moves only when you move. No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It’s just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing weapons off fallen enemies to shoot, slice and maneuver through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.
- DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition– Demo Version – You are the Luminary, the hunted hero who will protect the land from destruction in the latest RPG from the iconic DRAGON QUEST series. With a ragtag band of adventurers, you’ll engage in well-balanced, turn-based battles and embark on quests across the kingdom of Erdrea. Try out this free demo before the game launches for the Nintendo Switch system on Sept. 27. You can even carry your progress to the full game.
- Kung-Fu Heroes – Monsters have taken Princess Min-Min and the 10 treasures of the land, and the people have fallen into sorrow. Only Kung-Fu Masters Jacky and Lee can save the princess and retrieve the treasures. Their journey will take them to eight different castles filled with hosts of traps and obstacles. Use punches and the Miracle Kick to defeat the enemies. You will need quick wits and lightning reflexes to make it to the last castle.
- Vice: Project Doom – There exists a group of undercover detectives who dare stand up to the evil in the world… They are known as Vice. Officer Quinn Hart, a member of Vice, is on the case and after the truth. High-speed car chases, action-packed battles employing three types of weapons and a mode with three 3D rail-shooting stages all bring this cyberpunk world to life.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
* Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
With hit arcade titles like Gradius and Space Harrier, beloved RPGs like Dragon Quest XI and Grandia, and even a little extra horror with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, there certainly is a little something for everyone on the eShop this week. That said, hopefully you have the wallet and hard drive space to accommodate a good few of these games.
Which among these are you eager to download from the eShop? Let us know in the comments section below.
[Source: Nintendo PR]