Last night, March 5, at the MCV/Develop Awards 2020, Nintendo took home two fantastic awards. The event took place at The Brewery in London, UK and brought together the MCV and Develop Awards into a single event. Usually they are held separately, but for 2020 they were combined in order to celebrate every aspect of the industry.
The nominees for the awards were hand-picked by a panel of 50 games industry veterans. The winners of each category were chosen by the 5,000 MCV and Develop subscribers. Of the awards on offer, Nintendo took home two: Major Publisher of the Year and Platform of the Year for Nintendo Switch.
This isn’t the only recognition that Nintendo has seen from the industry recently. Earlier this week a number of games were nominated for the 2020 BAFTA Game Awards. Luigi’s Mansion 3 was nominated for the Best Game Award, Multiplayer Award, Family Award, and Animation Award.
The full list of MCV/Develop Awards 2020 are as follows.
- Development Tool of the Year – Unity
- External Development Partner of the Year – Sumo Digital
- Recruitment Agency of the Year – Amiqus
- Major Studio of the Year – Media Molecule
- Indie Studio of the Year – Hello Games
INNOVATION IN GAMES
- Visual Innovation of the Year – ZA/UM for Disco Elysium
- Audio Innovation of the Year – Creative Assembly for Total War: Three Kingdoms
- Gameplay Innovation of the Year – Media Molecule for Dreams
- Narrative Innovation of the Year – Supermassive for The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
- PR Agency of the Year – Indigo Pearl
- Creative Agency of the Year – Fourth Floor
- Campaign of the Year – Xbox Game Pass – Xbox
- Media Brand of the Year – Eurogamer
PUBLISHING AND PLATFORMS
- Major Publisher of the Year – Nintendo
- Indie Publisher of the Year – Team17
- Platform of the Year – Nintendo Switch
RETAIL AND DISTRIBUTION
- Retailer of the Year – Amazon
- Distributor of the Year – Koch Media
- Games for a Better World – Emily Mitchell for Fractured Minds