Paper Mario: The Origami King is just over three weeks away. As such, Nintendo is slowly feeding us new info on the heavily anticipated title. Most recently, an update to the game’s official website told us all about a new character and several locations within the title. Reddit user RamsaySw went to the trouble to compile everything neatly, ultimately assembling info covering newcomer Captain T. Ode, seven new areas, and descriptions for two previously seen bosses. Here’s what RamsaySw wrote down describing every new tidbit revealed on Paper Mario: The Origami King, slightly edited for clarity:
New character: Captain T. Ode [pictured above]
- Description: This legendary mariner holds the Sea Chart. Rumor has it he also owns a…submarine?
- Toad Town: Toad Town is in the midst of celebrating an origami festival! Or at least they should be, but the town is oddly absent of Toads. Where have they all disappeared to?
- Edit: Toad Town has sewers beneath it.
- Whispering Woods: A mountainous area outside of Toad Town. Visitors here report strange occurrences like whispering voices when no one is around, or getting endlessly lost on the forest paths.
- Shangri-Spa: This region’s main attraction waits within its depths. Make your way through its plant-choked jungles and… wait, did you hear something just now?
- The Great Sea: Various islands dot the blue expanse of the Great Sea. Find one to land on and set out on foot.
- Scorching Sandpaper Desert: A mysterious desert shrouded in darkness. But what’s that black circle just floating in the sky? Hop in the Boot Car and head for the end of the yellow streamer!
- Shogun Studios: A formidable castle keep stands as a landmark in this theme park. All sorts of exciting shows and attractions are featured here.
- Autumn Mountain: This mountainous wonderland is decked out in the vibrant reds and yellows of autumn leaves and waving fields of golden grass.
New bosses: Vellumentals (seen in the second trailer)
- Description of the fire Vellumental: This fiery foe is one of the towering Vellumental bosses that Mario must face in his journey. It’s said that if you manage to defeat one in battle, you’ll gain its power!
In addition, the Thing-like bosses that guard the streamers in the second Paper Mario: The Origami King trailer are described as such:
Sinister Supplies: The fearsome Legion of Stationery stands guard at the end of each streamer. They’re tough, but if you can find their weak points, you can crumple them in battle!
How do you like all of this new info? Are you chain-chomping at the bit for Paper Mario: The Origami King, or are you waiting to see just a bit more before you decide if you want to embark on another adventure within the series (if it ends up not living up to the originals, we could always get a quick fix of Bug Fables)? Which of these new locations sounds the most exciting to you? Sound off with your thoughts in the comments!