Publisher Chucklefish and developer Robotality have announced that turn-based strategy adventure Pathway will launch on Nintendo Switch with a release date of May 27, 2021. It will retail for $15.99 / £12.99 / € 13.99, but there is a 20% discount if you preorder. Robotality calls this “the best and most complete version of Pathway,” and it includes Adventurers Wanted and Hardcore Mode content that came to the PC version post-launch. The game launched on PC in 2019.
The title is set in 1936, and you will be battling Nazis and getting involved with mysterious artifacts and “gruesome occult rituals,” which all sounds a lot like Indiana Jones, in a good way. The game is evidently packed with content, with more than 650 story events and 16 characters to unlock. Here are more features to expect in Pathway on Nintendo Switch:
- DYNAMIC ADVENTURES – Discover 5 different campaigns of varying difficulty, each attempt generating a new web of events…
- TOUGH CHOICES – Encounter hand-crafted story events. Search the well? Save the villagers? It’s up to you!
- DECISIVE CONFLICTS – Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to make the best use of your team’s abilities and equipment in order to defeat the enemy!
- BUILD YOUR TEAM OF ADVENTURERS – Each of Pathway’s 16 unlockable characters has their own set of skills and quirks which can impact combat and story encounters.
- HIDDEN TREASURES – Trade in your high-value loot in order to upgrade your team’s arsenal with increasingly rare weapons and armor.
- RECOVER & REPLAY – Experiment with different team combinations until your foes have been vanquished!
You can never have too many cerebral strategy games, like the upcoming Project Triangle Strategy, and Pathway could make a fine addition upon its release date on Nintendo Switch later this month.