Weird and wonderful simulators have become a bit of a trend as of late. Bus simulators, various farming simulators, and absurd stuff like Drug Dealer Simulator have all come to market over the past few years. Now though, Pizza Simulator is coming to Nintendo Switch! Hot out of the oven, this one from Gaming Factory combines the foodie themes of Overcooked! with a stronger focus on restaurant management.
There is an odd appeal to managing a pretty mundane establishment though. The announcement trailer shows off making fresh pizzas, managing a busy service, and upgrading the restaurant’s interior. Most of this happens through an in-game tablet, where you can track your finances and see how well the business is doing. The trailer is oddly compelling, but whether the game will be, we’re not quite sure.
Right at the end of the trailer, there’s a shot showing pizza deliveries. That means that whilst Pizza Simulator mostly takes place indoors, there does appear to be a driving aspect too. Gran Turismo this won’t be, but it’s interesting that the developer has worked to at least implement something a little different. Crazy Taxi but for pizza deliveries? Let’s see if Pizza Simulator can deliver…
Here are more features to expect in the game:
- Let’s make some pizza! Choose from more than 50 ingredients and go through trial and error while mixing them to finally find the one perfect recipe that all your clients will love.
- Get ahead of your competitors. Compete with other players by trying to beat them with your pizza place rating, delivery speed, and prices, all of which are listed on the leaderboards.
- Make the restaurant reflect your style. Enjoy countless options for customization that will allow you to create a truly one-of-a-kind pizza place.
- Become a marketing master. In the end, advertising is the key to business success.
- Handle delivery schedules. Everyone loves hot pizza and hates it when a cold one is delivered. Arrange routes and hire additional couriers to make sure your deliveries will always be on time.
- Make good use of your management skills. Take care of your finances. Recruit experienced staff and lay off workers that don’t fulfill your expectations.
Pizza Simulator is set to launch in 2021 on Nintendo Switch.