Pokémon GO will be celebrating its 5th anniversary this year, coinciding with the 25th anniversary of the franchise itself, and to celebrate, another Pokémon GO Fest will be taking place in July. This will be the second one of the year, as the Kanto Pokémon GO Fest took place in February to coincide with the original release date of Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green in Japan.
Tickets for Pokémon GO Fest are available to purchase in the Pokémon GO shop for $4.99 / £4.99, with the event itself taking place July 17-18. On both days, the event will run from 10 a.m to 6 p.m. your local time. The tickets normally cost $14.99, but as the game is turning 5 years old, Niantic and The Pokémon Company have decided to make them cheaper. Players will be taking part in a music festival-themed Special Research event, participating in the Global Challenge Arena, and more.
Saturday 17 July: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m (your local time)
- Pokémon GO Fest 2021 Special Research story unlocked. Choose between Pikachu Rock Star and Pikachu Pop Star to get started.
- Global Challenge Arena returns, offering an array challenges every hour.
- Four themed habitats will be featured on an hourly rotation: Jungle, Desert Mountain, Ocean Beach, and Cave. Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild for all trainers.
- Increased chances of encountering a Shiny Pokémon
- Collection challenges for each habitat
Sunday 18 July: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m (your local time)
- Focused on raids featuring fan-favorite Pokémon
- Additional 10,000 XP for completing raids
- Extra Raid Passes during event hours
- All Pokémon featured in the first day of the event will reappear in case you missed them.
For more information, check out the Pokémon GO blog or see the event details in-game. The tickets are now available to purchase from the Pokémon GO shop, so get ready for July! Are you going to be participating in the July Pokémon GO Fest?