We have a ton of new information about Pokémon Home today! For those who don’t know, Pokémon Home is the new service set to replace Pokémon Bank. It will allow you to transfer your monsters between games, including Pokémon GO. With that out of the way, let’s dive in!
This is the one that’s sure to get many of you excited. You’ll be able to complete your National Dex right in Pokémon Home. Pokémon with different forms, such as Mega Evolution or Gigantamax, will also have those forms registered. While this doesn’t take away the fact that there are still monsters missing in Sword and Shield, hopefully this is a step in making everyone happy.
At launch, Pokémon Home will be compatible with Pokémon Bank and the Switch titles. Any older generations will have to be brought in through Pokémon Bank. Pokémon GO connectivity will be introduced at a later date, as well. As a note, Pokémon from the Let’s Go games can be moved into Pokémon Home and transferred to each other all you like. However, once you transfer a monster into Sword or Shield, they can’t be moved back into a Let’s Go game.
You’ll even be able to trade with Pokémon Home. According to an email from Nintendo, there are four ways to trade via the mobile app:
- Pokémon placed in the Wonder Box can be traded with people around the world. Pokémon placed in the Wonder Box will be traded even when Pokémon HOME is not being used.
- With the Global Trade System (GTS), fans can specify which Pokémon they want to trade and which Pokémon they want to receive. They will then be matched with a Trainer if both meet each other’s criteria.
- Room Trade lets Trainers create a room and trade Pokémon among the people who join. Each room can hold up to 20 people. Trading in rooms has no cost, but users will only be able to create rooms when enrolled in a Premium Plan (paid).
- Friend Trade allows Trainers to trade their Pokémon with nearby users who they have become friends with in Pokémon HOME. Trainers can add friends using the Add Friend feature in Pokémon HOME.
Both the mobile and Switch versions will have exclusive features in Pokémon Home.
- Move Pokémon with Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
- Move Pokémon with Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
- Exchange Pokémon HOME Points for BP (Battle Points)
- Trade Pokémon
- Receive Mystery Gifts
- Check Battle Data
- Check News
- Move Pokémon with Pokémon Bank
- Judge Pokémon
Pokémon Home is shaping up to be an incredibly cool way of managing your growing collection. Will you be signing up for it at launch? Let us know!