Sega has confirmed the details for the Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 final update, which arrives on Nintendo Switch today. This new update is to add highly requested features, including four playable characters, four new background tracks, spectator mode, and a new Super Spicy difficulty level. Here is the full list of additions included in the update, via Gematsu:
- Four New Characters
- Harpy (voiced by Risa Taneda)
- Ragnus (voiced by Akira Miki)
- Legamunt (voiced by Yuuki Ishikari)
- Rozatte (voiced by Shuusaku Shirakawa)
- Cross-Generation Multiplayer – PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 users can now play together online. Various leaderboards are now also shared between PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
- Four New Songs
- “Koisuru Saikyou Kakutou Joou” from Puyo Puyo!!‘s Rulue battle
- “Puyo! Boss Manzai (Demo from Puyopuyo)” from Puyo Puyo!!‘s boss skit
- “Lets! Saishuu Puyo Shoubu!” from Puyo Puyo 7‘s last boss battle
- “Escape from the City – Cash Cash RMX” from Sonic Generations
- Spectator Mode – A “Spectator Mode” has been added to watch online “VS” and “Skill Battle” matches.
- Super Spicy Difficulty – “Super Spicy” bosses are even more difficult than the already difficulty “Spicy” bosses, but defeating them has a high chance of earning you a high level item card.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is an addictive puzzle game. In our review, we praised the improvements that were made over the first title. If you have yet to play the game, we highly recommend it. With the Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 final update rolling out today for all platforms, what are your thoughts on the game?