If you could use another puzzle adventure in your life, boy are you in luck. RealMyst: Masterpiece Edition is headed to Nintendo Switch on May 21 from Cyan Worlds. This is the original Myst adventure that innovated on PC decades ago, but with a modern overhaul. In addition to updated models and texture, “The environments have been enhanced to provide dynamic water, weather, lighting, foliage, focus, and more.” Also, you can explore in real time now for better immersion. But if you don’t want that much freedom, the option for classic point-and-click gameplay remains too.
Here’s an abridged list of features that come with realMyst: Masterpiece Edition:
- All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
- Day and night – watch sunsets and sunrises, or explore at night
- Flashlight – for exploring dark nights or dark corners
- Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
- Interactive Guides – illustrates how to interact with objects
- Bring up original Myst images to compare and reminisce
- Bookmark feature to save & restore progress
- Auto-save to insure you pick up where you left off
- realMyst Hint Guide – get past that one puzzle that’s got you stumped
The game is available for preorder on Switch at a reduced price of $15.99, though it will later revert to a standard $19.99. But if realMyst: Masterpiece Edition just isn’t enough for you (or if you already played it six years ago), don’t forget that a Myst TV show is in the works as well.