Psyonix has rolled out a small update to its ever-popular game, Rocket League. The Switch version in particular has regularly hovered in the higher levels of the eShop charts ever since the game launched on the system back in 2017.
The new patch contains a few bug fixes, some of which are Switch-specific.
CHANGES AND UPDATES
- Echo effect on ball effect has been adjusted
- Reduced dynamic range of game audio based on community reception and feedback
- Adjusted volume of fireworks on Champions Field (all variants)
- Corrected memory behavior to reduce occurrences of audio drop-outs
- This may still occur when playing 4v4 Rumble on Salty Shores
- Fixed the diagonal kickoff position on Champions Field
- An appropriate Club Tag worn by multiple players in a match should no longer be filtered on only one of those players
- Resolved increase of ‘Error 71’ matchmaking errors when trying to find an Online Match
- Player Banners previewed on Crate and Rocket Pass menus will no longer incorrectly attach to your profile
- Adjusted the Paint Finish on the ‘DeLorean Time Machine’
- [Nintendo Switch] Rocket League should no longer freeze if using a profile not linked to a Nintendo Account
- Friends List notifications will now appear while viewing Replays
- [Switch] Depth of Field controls are disabled in Replay FX
- Players may see an “XP not received” message despite earning enough points
- Audio may drop out during a match for some players
- Some players may see overlapping item-loading icons when starting the game after receiving a large number of new Customization Items
- [Rumble] Some players may not be able to pick up boost after being hit with the Disruptor power-up
- Crates received while playing may not stack with Crates in inventory, but they will stack correctly after a game restart
One player’s car may be invisible at match start, will reappear after a goal is scored
In addition to the brand new patch, Psyonix has also given Rocket League a new coat of paint as it relates to its HOME Menu icon for the Switch. The new icon shows off more action, which ties directly into the new content that has been rolled out to Rocket League in recent months.
Here’s a comparison between the two versions of the icon (original at the top, new one at the bottom):
Finally, there will be a Double XP weekend for those getting into Rocket Pass 3, which recently launched. The 2XP Weekend will give players a chance to earn twice the amount of EXP points in “all Casual, Competitive, and Extra Mode Playlist matches via the ‘100 special event XP bonus.'” For those that have Rocket Pass premium, it already grants an extra 50%, so this would lead to even more rewards.
Here’s the schedule for that:
- 2XP Start Time: Thursday, May 2 at 2 p.m. PDT / 9 p.m. UTC
- 2XP End Time: Monday, May 6 at 10 a.m. PDT / 5 p.m. UTC