After significant delays earlier this year, an end is finally in sight! With Yacht Club Games Presents comes the reveal that Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will indeed launch in its complete form this December. Of course, that includes the pending releases of King of Cards and Showdown, plus the remaining amiibo!
With the physical release of Treasure Trove for Switch, PlayStation 4, and the newly announced Xbox One, Blue Burrower believers can also expect a ton of quality of life updates for the final version of the compilation. The big ones are here as follows:
Shovel of Hope
- Body Swap Mode: Along with the two body types and gendered pronouns available, “they/them” pronouns will be added as well.
- Co-op Feats: In-game achievements can soon be unlocked in co-op mode, but these challenges are still quite… well, challenging.
Plague of Shadows
- Alchemy Quick Select: A streamlined new menu option will allow Specter Knight to experiment with bombs and arcana with ease.
Specter of Torment
- New Challenge Mode stages: Expert dash slash users can tackle five new platforming challenges not meant for the faint of heart.
General QoL updates
- New language options: Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese bring the language count to twelve.
- Expanded accessibility: Intensity of screen flash and shake sequences can be reduced. The Joustus card game in King of Cards also includes colorblind-friendly palettes.
- New cheats: Yacht Club Games couldn’t resist adding a few more fun cheats to mess around. Pictured above is one cheat heavily reminiscent of “Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy” from Yoshi’s Island!
- Title screen rewards: Completing every feat in a given game adds an appropriate flag to the title screen. Complete every Challenge, and get medals! These will be added retroactively for those who already cleared them all.
- New costumes: Scanning the new amiibo will unlock Boomtech Plague Knight, Lich Lord Specter Knight, and Ultimate Supreme King Knight costumes! These are cosmetic only, but you can use these in each of their respective campaigns and Shovel Knight Showdown. You can also mix and match these with the colored in-game armors!
- Madam Meeber: Each amiibo will add a fairy companion themed after their respective Knights.
- New Challenge Mode stages: The new amiibo will each unlock new challenge mode levels in Plague of Shadows, Specter of Torment, and King of Cards.
Naturally, all the amiibo bonuses are exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Switch versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Are you excited in finally getting the entire Shovel Knight compendium for the Switch? How about the amiibo of Knights Plague, Specter, and King? Let us know in the comments!