Sega is hosting a Sonic the Hedgehog sale on the Nintendo Switch and 3DS eShop right now, perhaps to commemorate that the Sonic the Hedgehog movie launches on Blu-Ray and 4K on May 19. The game discounts for the Nintendo Switch eShop are as follows:
- Team Sonic Racing – $19.99 down from $$39.99
- Sonic Mania – $9.99 down from $19.99
- Sonic Forces – $9.99 down from $19.99
- Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog – $5.99 down from $7.99
- Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – $5.99 down from $7.99
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – $39.99 down from $59.99
Of these discounts, we’d at least recommend looking into Team Sonic Racing. Check out our review if you need convincing. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is also a brilliant game. The real-life Olympics have been postponed until 2021, so why not indulge in your own front room Olympics with this game?
Meanwhile, Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog sale on the 3DS eShop includes the following:
- Sonic Lost World – $9.99 down from $19.99
- Sonic Generations – $9.99 down from $19.99
- Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal – $9.99 down from $19.99
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice – $9.99 down from $19.99
- 3D Sonic the Hedgehog – $2.99 down from $5.99
- 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – $2.99 down from $5.99
Any of these are a bargain, but the best deals to go for are probably the 3D Sonic the Hedgehog games, since they’re the cheapest you’ll ever get them for.
Ultimately, if you’re looking to indulge in any form of Sonic-based nostalgia, now is the time to do it. The Sonic the Hedgehog movie wasn’t terrible, mostly because of Jim Carrey, and with lockdowns still in place you’re likely to end up watching it at some point. A new Sonic game will keep you from noticing anything you don’t like about the movie.