Can you name a more iconic duo than Mario and Yoshi? The pair have been on adventures together since Mario was a shrieking baby in a diaper. The good people over at First 4 Figures know of the immense popularity of this dinosaur and former plumber. That’s why the company is now taking pre-orders for a beautiful statue that captures the camaraderie between man and beast.
There are three variations of the Mario and Yoshi statue: Standard Edition, Exclusive Edition, and Definitive Edition. Let’s check out what each version nets you:
- Costs $499.99!
- Comes with Mario and Yoshi, as well as a base.
- Authentication card included.
- Will set you back $524.99!!
- Has everything included in the Standard Edition.
- Comes with a giant magnet egg.
- Separate base is added that is magnetized.
- Does not sparkle.
- A whopping $674.99!!!
- Includes all the creamy goodness from the Exclusive Edition.
- Checkpoint flag with Bowser’s face added, as well as a Mario symbol flag.
- Base is bigger and fully magnetized.
- Contains three flowers that can be moved around.
- Invincibility stars not included.
This statue is so detailed and amazing, but way too expensive for me. Also, none of the product descriptions answered my two most burning questions. One: can I bash Yoshi over the head with Mario’s fists? Two: can Mario detach from Yoshi in mid-air, gaining height while sending his dino pal to the murky depths of my living room floor below?
Readers, do you think this statue is awesome? Would you pay over $500 to procure any of the editions? Let us know in the comment field below!