Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town suffered a rocky launch in Japan, but the first of many fixes to come is now available in patch ver. 1.03. Producer Dai Takemura shared the patch notes and details for additional fixes we’ll see in future patches on the Bokujo Monogatari official blog.
First, here are the Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town patch notes for ver. 1.03:
- Partial loading time improvements
- Improved scenes for entering and exiting buildings
- Deleted or revised some text that didn’t fit the worldview
- Fixed a bug that caused a freeze when connecting online
- Fixed a bug that caused a freeze after waking up a pet and leaving the house
- Fixed a bug that caused a freeze when taking out a fishing rod in the mines
- Various fixes for other issues and bugs
Producer Takemura mentioned in the blog post that the purpose of patch ver. 1.03 was mostly for emergency fixes. The next patches will focus more on improving gameplay and various functions to ameliorate the digital farming experience.
Marvelous will share more details later about the next patches and fixes we can expect to see. For now, the developers are working on the following issues:
- Further shorten loading times
- Reducing processing load (lag)
- Improving all makers
- Improving dialogue production
- More variation for meal scenes
- Improving player character operability
- Revise and/or add all types of text (including conversations)
- Continued fixes for various bugs
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is available in Japan for Nintendo Switch. Farmers in North America will get the game on March 23, 2021, and those in Europe on March 26, 2021.