The Nintendo Switch has been holding the top spot in the weekly Japanese sales charts for quite a few months now. Really, it’s spent almost all year up there. This isn’t surprising considering that Japanese gamers tend to gravitate more towards mobile devices, so the Switch’s hybrid design is likely a big contributing factor in its continued performance in the region.
The Media Create charts for the week of November 5, 2018 to November 11, 2018 show that the Switch sits on top by a massive amount in comparison to the other systems. Here’s the rundown (previous week are in brackets “”):
- Nintendo Switch — 54,235 [43,747]
- PS4 + PS4 Pro — 16,081 [17,540]
- New 2DS XL + 2DS — 4,537 [4,499]
- PS Vita — 1,869 [1,945]
- New 3DS XL — 1,681 [1,775]
- Xbox One + Xbox One X — 406